Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ian Roussel ..

33 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

I watch his show and enjoy his work quite a lot. To look at. I'm not positive I'd want any of it as a daily driver.

Of course daily driven will be difficult...but custom wise ( if I can say ...) It's awesome .... 

I also enjoy watching his show. Very interesting to see how he brings a fairly complex restyling together with  some pretty basic tools and just using  his skills. I also enjoy his low key demeanor, no wrench throwing and other theatrics so many other programs fall into.  The "Inspectors" are cool and sometime funny.     

2 hours ago, TonyK said:

Never heard of this guy and I'm not into custom cars but I'm liking this radical stuff.

If you get a chance to see one of his reruns I think you may come to appreciate just how different his persona is from all the other programs. As I mentioned before it is amazing to watch what he can do with a few tools and what is in his head. 

I think his show, along with bitchin rides and texas metal seem to be the most down to earth of the car shows and they show how they do things. fast n loud are more about how much money things are worth and shouting now which is a shame cos the earlier shows were more easy going in a way. I much prefer to watch people that enjoy their work cos it shows through and makes a better show. I still need to see season 3 of full custom garage though. The british one (goblin works garage) just seem to be trying too hard and seems like a shiny version of vegas rat rods. You knoe the type, we're nearly finished this nice car but i found this candelabra in someones dumpster so we just need to find a way to make it work as tail lights and incorporate as many other bits of trash as we can.

1 hour ago, Jon Haigwood said:

I like his work, the way he thinks thru builds and the finished projects. BUT  I am not impressed how brags on himself all thru the show. This is the same reason I stopped watching Bad Chad. 

I think there are a lot of shows that all have something we'd like to change.

Graveyard Cars - throw Mark Worman from a bridge

Bitchin Rides - Kevin goes with Mark Worman

Bad Chad - a vow of silence

Counts Customs - actually show more than 30 seconds of the build. EDIT: Horny Mike goes with Kevin and Mark Worman.

Overhauling - Chris gets punched EVERY episode

West Coast Customs - just cancel it

Full Custom Garage - Victor never appears again

Chasing Classic Cars - Wayne Corrini adopts me

Speed is the New Black - some new freaking episodes please!

Iron Resurrection - less time teasing Bumpa and getting parts and more time on the builds.

Edited by Jantrix

11 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

Counts Customs - actually show more than 30 seconds of the build. EDIT: Horny Mike goes with Kevin and Mark Worman.

Iron Resurrection - less time teasing Bumpa and getting parts and more time on the builds.

Yup , gotta find your tolerable range of annoyances and decide what to watch and what not to watch. In these covid conditions our choices are getting smaller. Just watched an episode of "Mike Brewers   World of Cars" he had a interesting visit with Gene Winfield  a demonstration  on hammer welding and leading. 

I liked bad chad as something to watch, but some of the work he does just looks bad or unfinished. he almost seems to be trying too hard to build someting that shocks people instead of something you might be able to actually drive. the old car he made into a tanker was cool though, the rest have a few nice features and good ideas just without any quality work behind it, thats close enough, lets just put a foot of filler on to hide the work underneath. I used to enjoy overhaulin until they stopped customising and just added everything from an opg or summit catalogue. It went from actual customising to bolt all this on in the same way pimp my ride did, just with better cars to start with. in the early days of the show they did some actual customising like the 4 dr tri 5 they made into a 2 door roadster, oval window 356 or the lotus they turned into a wide body.

1 hour ago, mopargreg said:

I’ve never heard of the guy but I’ll look out for his show. My favourite car shows ever is Roadkill & Roadkill Garage. Best shows & the whole family enjoys them. 

I really want to like Roadkill, but I  find Freiburger just a little too annoying. I prefer Faster with Finnegan. 

4 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I agree with most of that Rob, but I thought they did cancel WCC.

Jantrix- Great list! I got a few good laughs out of that one.

What about Ant the Master mechanic?

And which one has the crew from Gotham Garage featuring a mechanic who is also a pin up model. Fun show with constantly trading up to a cooler build, but I don't always like their cars. 

I've always liked Ian. It seemed that in the first season he did more "bragging" than he did later on. He must be somewhere in SoCal 'cause he goes to the Pomona Swap meet. Watching him chop a Henry J completely solo was a real treat.