Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Sedan - Jeremiah Weed Whiskey Wagon

I finished this one in July 2020.  1940 Ford Sedan AMT 1:25

wired and plumbed fuel lines, Detail Master Carbs, Z-Man Wheels, seat cover made from Cross Stitch thread.  Open the cowl vent and hinged the rear door.   Trailer was scratch built using 40 ford truck fenders, inner fenders from a 30's Ford coupe, running boards are shorten from teh '37 ford kit. bed floor was made from two 50 Chevy pickups.  Trailer Jack 3D printed.  Wheels on trailer are Pegasus.  Chopper was from the 1980 Monte Carlo Kit, Ratchet Strap from Highlight Model Studio. Kegs in rear were 3D printed, Helmet is from the 60 Chevy Pickup kit with the go cart.  Bumper Stickers were printed by me.  The Jeremiah Weed Logos were printed by 124stancebuilt on instagram. Miss Fortune figure is from IceMan Collections on eBay.

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

Beautiful work on this, there are so many fine details to catch the eye.  Really like the subtle depictions of surface rust and that seat cover is gorgeous. Are those dents on the upper right rear corner of the body, or is that a reflection?  Just wondering the need for two shift levers.

16 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Beautiful work on this, there are so many fine details to catch the eye.  Really like the subtle depictions of surface rust and that seat cover is gorgeous. Are those dents on the upper right rear corner of the body, or is that a reflection?  Just wondering the need for two shift levers.

those are just reflections.  I caught the two shifters as I was assembly and the photo taken from above shows the shifter on the column removed.  Thanks for appreciating the details!

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Fantastic build! Love it! May I ask where you got the figure at?

Thanks Slusher, the figure was ordered on ebay from the seller: Iceman Collections. Joel Mendoza.

Than you to everyone.  on to the next one....

On 8/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, Steve H said:

Gerald, this speaks to me. Ride height is perfect, love the wide whites, interior, it's all very nice. Makes me want to try one of those "thread" seat covers. Elmers white glue for the thread on the seat ?

Cheers, Steve

Thank you. No I didnt use white glue. It is just thread laid on the sticky side of clear packing tape.