Model Cars Magazine Forum

Happy Left Handers Day?

On 8/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, blunc said:

lefties are sinister.

Don't be so gauche...

:-P

Remember smudging Eraser Mate pens and the crummy Safety Left-Handed scissors in school?

I had trouble in Boy Scouts shooting a rifle Lefty, likewise power machinery can be awkward.

I play guitar in the standard manner, while  I have a friend who has a Lefty (mirrored) guitar.  He always stood out in the open mike song circle.

2 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

Remember smudging Eraser Mate pens and the crummy Safety Left-Handed scissors in school?

I play guitar in the standard manner, while  I have a friend who has a Lefty (mirrored) guitar.  He always stood out in the open mike song circle.

Oh! Those left handed scissors, could not do a thing w/them. I can cut much more accurately with

normal ( did I just say that?) right handed ones? Can't explain this at all except perhaps my left hand

is better at manipulating/moving the object being cut. 

Didn't  I just see a story of Jimmy Hendrix's father whipping him for being left handed?

Terrible sinister artist that one...?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Ive never played guitar but would most likely strum w/right, is that typical for lefties?

I’m a lefty and learned to play guitar at eight years old. Seemed to come easy because all the notes and cords are manipulated on the neck with the left hand! Never understood the need for flipping and restringing for a “left hand guitar”! 

I shoot, throw, bat, write, all left handed. Even my drumset setup is this weird left handed mess. Play guitar right handed ?‍♂️. Can't even comprehend trying to play left.

My buddy plays left handed and it sucks for him. You go into a guitar store around here and it's 99% right handed stuff. I have the whole store to choose from, he has like 2 or 3.

13 hours ago, Paintandwrenches said:

I shoot, throw, bat, write, all left handed. Even my drumset setup is this weird left handed mess. Play guitar right handed ?‍♂️. Can't even comprehend trying to play left.

My buddy plays left handed and it sucks for him. You go into a guitar store around here and it's 99% right handed stuff. I have the whole store to choose from, he has like 2 or 3.

I played guitar right handed for a while. Due to an injury to my left arm I can't do that anymore, so I am starting over learning lefty. I've flipped a couple of guitars, and was lucky to find a lefty Squier Strat at a local music store.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve lived the lefty lifestyle for as long as I’ve been around. I do pretty much everything left handed. Hold a rifle, swing a golf club, even play board games left handed ? However, I am an ambidextrous guitar player. I have a right handed bass, cigar box, and electric, and a left handed acoustic. I have more right handed guitars, but I have a lot more experience with the left one.

I have a sign on the lid of my Slot car box that says, “ Every one is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.”  It’s right next to the one that says “ I won’t say you are stupid but I do think you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.”