Model Cars Magazine Forum

Worlds Fastest Piston Powered LSR Car

I had to share this.  Just made the record on Wed, August 12th.   If the link doesn't work, just to go bangshift.com and see the article & lots of pics there. 

https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/speed-demon-continues-to-dominate-the-headlines-and-bonneville-record-books/

THANK YOU TJ for the tip too...............

Edited by Codi

You can get this link to work, you just have to edit the post. I have to do it every time I post a link...... Just open to edit, click after the link putting the cursor after it, then hit "enter"..... It won't move the link, but it will turn it blue, making it work.....

Hope this helps...

This car screams to be built in scale even as a curbside version. With these photos and knowing the overall length of it a scale model of it is possible by photocopy enlargement to use as a starting point. I have tried to find the dimensions  on-line with no luck. Does anyone have that info ?

17 hours ago, misterNNL said:

This car screams to be built in scale even as a curbside version. With these photos and knowing the overall length of it a scale model of it is possible by photocopy enlargement to use as a starting point. I have tried to find the dimensions  on-line with no luck. Does anyone have that info ?

And unlike a lot of LSR vehicles, it looks like it would actually still be a reasonable size if you scaled it down to 1/25.

The village we live in is one mile wide. At his 481 MPH record speed it would take him .07  seconds to drive through town or about as long as our only traffic light stays yellow. Yes I would set out my lawn chair downtown to witness that event. I would probably blink and miss it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, Freeman Cars said:

That car was build about one mile from my shop. they still do all the work on the car there. i was thinking of going over and getting some better photos of it when they get back from the salt flats

Please do and talk to a member of their team to let them know there is a bunch of speed freak model builders out here needing some dimensions so they can build .models of their award winning race car.

• 7 months later...

It's been 1 year since I put this up......bangshift.com has pics galore of this years Bonneville time trials.  The Speed Demon won overall top speed again.  More great pics that bangshift has to offer over the last week if your curious. They post an update of pics almost daily and have since early last week.   A few pics the Demon.   cheers, tim

Bonneville-Speed-Week-2021-771.JPG

Bonneville-Speed-Week-2021-765.JPG

Bonneville-Speed-Week-2021-781.JPG

Bonneville-Speed-Week-2021-782.JPG

Bonneville-Speed-Week-2021-783.JPG