Model Cars Magazine Forum

A little bit of a rant

Why do some Venders still ship Photo etch in padded envelopes ? when they should be sent in a flat stiff cardboard boxes ,This is what i got yesterday ,totally unusable , I did  phone them and they are shipping me a new one rant over !

DSC05228.JPG

Edited by Mr mopar

58 minutes ago, Mark said:

Between two pieces of corrugated cardboard (four is better; two on each side with the corrugation alternated from one piece to another).  Not much more expensive either...

Probably far cheaper than replacing product and having to mail it twice.

Like the instructions given to me by my dad is a kid. If you don't have time to do it right you must have time to do it twice.

10 hours ago, Jordan White said:

It doesn't look unusable from the picture, can you place it between two books to flatten it out somewhat?

Have you ever tried the flatten out Photo etch it don't work it has a memory But thx for the idea !

22 hours ago, Toner283 said:

Probably far cheaper than replacing product and having to mail it twice.

Like the instructions given to me by my dad is a kid. If you don't have time to do it right you must have time to do it twice.

That's a great quote.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 9:01 AM, Mr mopar said:

Have you ever tried the flatten out Photo etch it don't work it has a memory But thx for the idea !

Plus you bought it new and have expectations of such. Should not have to try and fix. That's how I look at it. 

6 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Plus you bought it new and have expectations of such. Should not have to try and fix. That's how I look at it. 

You just can't fix it ,so the Place I got it from Mailed me a new one ,I now have in a much better shape (Flat )  ....LOL

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Seriously.

I would cut it up and use it for various things.

Hopefully they let you keep it.

I'll bet you would find that it would come in very handy. ;)

Steve

Thanks Steve for that grate idea that's what i will cut it up for small inlets .