Model Cars Magazine Forum
tim boyd

Announcing an all-new book on Model Car Kits....

On 10/3/2020 at 1:28 PM, peter31a said:

Well, I finally found this book on Amazon.ca. One seller wants $109.53 for it and the other wants $113.95 for it. Suddenly makes the shipping from the USA look good. 😆

I just received the notification from amazon.ca that my order has been cancelled, and money refunded. Guess I will have to go elsewhere for my copy.

5 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

I just received the notification from amazon.ca that my order has been cancelled, and money refunded. Guess I will have to go elsewhere for my copy.

Ken....was there any explanation for the cancellation?  If so, and depending on what it is, I can forward to the publisher and ask them to get involved.....thanks.   TIM 

7 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Ken....was there any explanation for the cancellation?  If so, and depending on what it is, I can forward to the publisher and ask them to get involved.....thanks.   TIM 

Hi Tim, all it said was 'product unavailable for shipping', so I don't know what the situation is with Amazon Canada. I know that the book is listed as unavailable through Chapters/Indigo stores (our version of Barnes & Noble), so maybe it's a Canadian thing?🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

Hi Tim, all it said was 'product unavailable for shipping', so I don't know what the situation is with Amazon Canada. I know that the book is listed as unavailable through Chapters/Indigo stores (our version of Barnes & Noble), so maybe it's a Canadian thing?🤷‍♂️

Thanks Ken...I will ask the Publisher what's up.  I suspect that I will be told it's another fallout of the messed up book and mag distribution network due to C-19....TIM  

I recently purchased Tim's Muscle car kit book and an on my 3rd read through I love it that much. I look forward to getting Tim's new one as I do have some interest in drag racing as my Dad was a sportsman racer in the late 60's. I actually remember Sox and Martin up against a dark red Chevelle at our local track Cornhusker raceway.

I got my copy yesterday from Pasteiner's. I've been glancing through it but will read it in depth later.

Just in case you all missed it, here's the full text of a sidebar for this book that I had to cut at the last minute because I was way over my targeted word count....

Thanks for your interest....TIM   http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/156805-full-text-of-an-unpublished-sidebar/

PS - there were at least 1 or 2 other sidebars I had to cut; I'll publish them here at a later date, too.  TB  

I just had word from my bookseller that they now have Drag Racing Models in stock, hope to have it soon.