Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Plymouth Roadrunner 426 HEMI 8 Pack

AmericanMuscleFan

Hello Everyone!

As promised and for those who are interested, I am posting some pics of another of my previous completed build.

I didn't want to overload the site with all the same photos on 2 threads so you can see all the photos that were posted in the VIP section using the following link:

Take care, Francis

32-Top_View_With_Hood.JPG.aa8445b152772038ae2e7c120ca7bda4.JPG51-Engine_Final_4.JPG.d368e3e3c965bb0ee93d7c017825646f.JPG

Hi Francis!

I remember this built... In person, I can report that it requires about half an hour to glimpse most of the details. Great!

One question for you: I see you installed the famous ACCEL high energy coil. When I look at the pictures, it reminds me that somehow, I always felt this specific coil wa slightly "out of scale", as if it was intended for 1/20 or at least, a larger scale... 

You have experienced it, what is your opinion? 

CT

9 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Francis!

I remember this built... In person, I can report that it requires about half an hour to glimpse most of the details. Great!

One question for you: I see you installed the famous ACCEL high energy coil. When I look at the pictures, it reminds me that somehow, I always felt this specific coil wa slightly "out of scale", as if it was intended for 1/20 or at least, a larger scale... 

You have experienced it, what is your opinion? 

CT

Thanks Claude!

I bought these ACCEL coils several years ago from Replicas & Miniature Company of Maryland and they were sold for 1/24 and 1/25 scale but yes I think they are a bit off scale.

However, I remember that these super coils were very big (I had one under the hood of my 'Cuda 340) and I would be curious to have another real one in hand and check its actual dimensions.

For the moment I no longer use them on my projects because as you know, my under hoods are quite full and I need all the space available for the shiny parts...

Take care, Francis

On 8/23/2020 at 3:53 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

Stunning! The machined metalwork takes it to another level.

Thanks Nigel, you can see more pictures in the WIP section. However, I forgot to take pictures of all stages of the build, it was a pretty quick build in my standards, I would say...

Take care, Francis

16 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Another amazing and mind-blowingly detailed and well done masterpiece!! I continue to be in awe of the skill and patience involved in these awesome pieces of machinery you build!

Thanks for your kind comments Craig!  Yes, it does require a little patience, but it makes things easier when you love what you do and are inspired by the subject!  Glad you like it!!!

Take care, Francis