Model Cars Magazine Forum

Li'l Gypsy Wagon

When this kit arrived the other day from a purchase on eBay....  to my surprise it was a one in every twelve kits made in Metallic Translucent Orange I didn't know they did that..... had to buy another one because I cant see myself building this one.

IMG_20200816_162822.thumb.jpg.38c5daafbee3993cbf31914df6fc20a2.jpg

IMG_20200816_162905.jpg

IMG_20200816_162916.jpg

Edited by CUDA5761
In wrong topic

They've done the "Catch the Kat" thing on probably a half dozen or more kits starting back with the Meyer Manx reissue where 1 per case (1 out of 12) was Translucent Metallic Purple.  If you're shopping for one in person you should be able to "cheat the system" and see what color it's molded in by checking the runner map on the bottom.  The past kits have called out that they were molded in the special color as opposed to White.

4 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

That's one prize I would not wish for. 

Don't get it at all. Receiving something you didn't expect is good?

Nope. Send back for refund.

I doubt they expect you'd try to build it, it's more attempting to build a collectible's market for their product.  You figure the average reissue run of kits is something like 3k. so there's only 250 or so of them molded in that see-through metallic orange.  If you started collecting the "CtK" kits when they started in 2012 to build a full set over time, you'd need one, and depending on whether you have a LHS around - you might be willing to pay a little more than list price to secure one.  Ooooorrr at least that's the theory Round2 would subscribe to in doing this gimmick.

Edited by niteowl7710

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I doubt they expect you'd try to build it, it's more attempting to build a collectible's market for their product.  You figure the average reissue run of kits is something like 3k. so there's only 250 or so of them molded in that see-through metallic orange.  If you started collecting the "CtK" kits when they started in 2012 to build a full set over time, you'd need one, and depending on whether you have a LHS around - you might be willing to pay a little more than list price to secure one.  Ooooorrr at least that's the theory Round2 would subscribe to in doing this gimmick.

I know Auto World had a run of the Manx done in Blue, but I missed out on that one. I have tried to look for them, but, they are not easy to find online and I rarely have seen them on the bay. 

I almost had someone trade me one for one on the fire truck, but they backed out at the last minute. 

On 8/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, CUDA5761 said:

When this kit arrived the other day from a purchase on eBay....  to my surprise it was a one in every twelve kits made in Metallic Translucent Orange I didn't know they did that..... had to buy another one because I cant see myself building this one.

IMG_20200816_162822.thumb.jpg.38c5daafbee3993cbf31914df6fc20a2.jpg

IMG_20200816_162905.jpg

IMG_20200816_162916.jpg

Really neat and would be cool to have!*

• 2 weeks later...

I Bought two of these kits and scored an orange one and one white one lucky me If you really want all of them here is a list of one's they did !

the first one done in this translucent color are

Plymouth Digger Cuda  2008 I Hobby expo Exclusive  molded in Ghost Blue

Royal Rail molded in Glow in the dark

Drag-u la  molded in metallic Gold

'66 Barracuda (Hurst Hemi under Glass) molded in Metallic Gold

Meyers Manx molded in two colors  metallic Red and metallic Purple

TeeVee Dune Buggy molded in Light blue metallic

Der Beetle bus molded in lime green metallic

Li'l Gasser molded in Red metallic

'62 Corvette Sock-it too me  molded orange metallic

Gypsy Wagon molded in Orange Metallic 

Flameout molded Red Metallic

If there is any more please let us know !

Edited by Mr mopar