Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM Relaunch Update 08/2020

UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE
It's been a while since I've posted an update on whats going on at MCM. Right now the team is working to put a new infrastructure in place, one that will help us a) get the magazine out on schedule (barring an act of God), and b) enabling us to be more responsive to our customers and subscribers. This also entails a closer relationship between this Facebook presence, our popular Forums, and our MCM website.

All of this behind-the-scenes work won't be immediately visible to all of you, as its a slow and painstaking process. As someone experienced in project management, I know that for a fact. However, as the improvements get rolled out, I will be posting them both here and on the Forums. I'm a great believer in the old slogan "an educated consumer is our best customer."

Thanks for hanging in there with us as we move closer to relaunch.

Best regards,

Hopefully, as Scale Auto has announced it is ceasing in October 2020, if MCM can get itself sorted out big time, there will be a gap to fill. Besides yourself, who is the new team getting the magazine back on track?

Model Car Builder appears to be the only dedicated car modelling magazine to compete with when SA goes.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

On 8/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, RichCostello said:

I just hope that Gregg remembers that he promised me a free copy for some decals I sent him.

Hi Rich,

When the relaunch happens, please do drop him an email and remind him. 

On 8/20/2020 at 3:16 PM, Bugatti Fan said:

Hopefully, as Scale Auto has announced it is ceasing in October 2020, if MCM can get itself sorted out big time, there will be a gap to fill. Besides yourself, who is the new team getting the magazine back on track?

Model Car Builder appears to be the only dedicated car modelling magazine to compete with when SA goes.

HI Noel,
I'll be posting an introduction to the team in our new Forums area for MCM news and updates soon, with their permission.

Personally I have no interest in competition with other scale modeling magazines.  Our beloved hobby is shrinking, as much as none of us like to admit it, from the glory days of the 1990s.  Roy Sorenson does a great job with Model Car Builder and I consider MCB, as well as other online and in print publications on model cars, contemporaries.  We have to be united in spirit and purpose  to keep the hobby alive and kicking, so to speak, especially now in the age of COVID 19.

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

I don't have any of my old magazine as I pass them on. Is there a way I can figure out where my subscription stands as far if i am owed any or if subscription was fulfilled  ?

Drop Gregg an email at gregg@modelcarsmag.com.  He'll be able to give you that information.

When and how can we sign up for a subscription -- I've been a subscriber to SAE, since the first issue -- so glad well have another magazine for our hobby -- I need my monthly or bi-monthly fix!

thanx,

Al

On 8/27/2020 at 7:44 PM, AJM said:

When and how can we sign up for a subscription -- I've been a subscriber to SAE, since the first issue -- so glad well have another magazine for our hobby -- I need my monthly or bi-monthly fix!

thanx,

Al

HI Al,
At this time (August 2020) we are not taking new subscriptions while we are in preparation for the relaunch of the magazine.  New subscription information and rates will be posted here when we are nearing the big day so please do check back here often!

I really hope the magazine returns, there will hopefully be a strong demand for it.

I could only find one specialty automotive book store in Vancouver BC (300 miles away) who regularly stocked MCM in the past. Consequently I did not buy many copies

I hope you can make the distribution to retailers more widespread, as I do not do subscriptions at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Xingu locked this topic