Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Cadillac. Monogram 1/20th scale

Paul Hettick

Gorgeous Cadillac. I always was very attracted to this year of Cady. In the mid to late sixties I loaded groceries at parcel pickup at a high end super market facility. Regular customers were a very well dressed couple in a 56 Cady. It was always a pleasure putting grocery bags in one of the very early remotely opening trunks. I loaded many other very cool cars during the three years i worked there as a part time job.

Wow !. Fantastic build as always Paul. Gorgeous paint, chromes and details work. An amazing kit for the time already. Funny thing, I didn't remember that it came with 1957 Cadillac wheels/hubcaps instead of '56s...Doesn't make it less attractive for sure.

2 hours ago, Paul Hettick said:

Beware of the 55s, they are made out of acetate and warp badly. The 56s were styrene.

Good to know.

I had no intention of buying the above '55, but it does say right on the box, "All Plastic Acetate Scale Model" which scared me off right out of the gate.

By the way Paul, the '56 looks fantastic!

If I had to pick my favorite Cadillac of all time, it would be either the '56 or '61.

Nice work Paul!!

Steve

On 8/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, Paul Hettick said:

Thanks all!! I think the hubcaps were meant to represent the 56s but lack the depth. Jean-Philippe your 73 Eldorado is gorgeous!

Hi Paul, you're right. Both hubcaps years looked quite close anyway, depth and a bigger number of turbine blade shapes characterised the 56. Thanks a lot for my Eldo !. Coming from you, it's a real honour.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:49 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Cool!  Very nice build of a rare kit. Especially like the doggie!

Did anyone see the recent episode of Chad Hiltz show where he cut up a decent 57 ?

Chad has some' interesting' ideas on customization. Some work, and some do not. For me, it's almost like watching a mechanic's version of Trailer Park Boys.