Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally! ..Pics of my '34 5-window on a black background

traditional

In the past, I haven't had much luck getting dramatic pics on dark backgrounds...partly my lack of photographic skills, and partly my basic camera's limited capability.
You've seen this (last winter) model before....A traditional, chopped, Olds powered '34 Ford 5-window coupe, the body almost entirely gleaned and salvaged from my parts-bin, with some scratchbuilding as well as a lot of modifications to make various disparate parts fit together to look the way I envisioned. Anyhow, I was quite pleased how these pics turned out.

1-1-1-P8180703.JPG

1-1-1-P8180704.JPG

1-1-1-P8180706.JPG

1-1-1-P8180707.JPG

1-1-1-P8180708.JPG

1-1-1-P8180710.JPG

1-1-P8180712.JPG

1-P8180709.JPG

7 hours ago, mrm said:

Is this based on a die-cast? 

The main body is from a derelict HotWheels Legends that someone had dropped on its nose, damaging the front axle, frame, etc.   I'm not such a fan of that 'all hung out' over-powered genre of hot rods, and modified the body to fit onto some fenders, removing the louvres on the roof and trunklid, blending the bolt-on roof to the body, making a streetable, comfortable interior, adding a Model Car garage grille and shell with a handmade brass rad, etc.  I often pick up broken toys that I think could make an interesting vehicle not available any other way and I have no allegiance to any particular material, happily using metals, plastics, rubbers, etc. in many of my models.....whatever is going to give me the best results.

1-P1300870-002.JPG

1-P1300884-002.JPG

1-P1300885-002.JPG

• 1 month later...