Model Cars Magazine Forum

Surf Shool shortened Caravan targa wagon...

9 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very cool!  I started shortening one myself but never went too far with it!  

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the comments.

It is indeed tricky to shorten, because the sides have blisters and crowns that force precise cuts in order to avoid loooooong hours with filling/sanding. 

CT

3 hours ago, Goose1957 said:

Wow, another beauty. I don't know how you have time to build so many great models. They just keep getting better and better. Keep up the great work, I enjoy seeing what you come up with next.

Jeff 

Hi Jeff!

Thanks for the comments. Well, actually, I build in marathons, usually 4 very detailed cars at once. I can alternate between projects when fuel is low, or some chemical has to cure. My problem, as you can tell, is that I'm not very good at photography, so I procrastinate when the time comes for a mass photo session... So, you end up thinking that I build at a rapid pace, while it is just the effect of posting numerous project on this forum in a relatively short period... 

Stay tuned: more strange things to come soon!

CT

5 hours ago, espo said:

Great craftsmanship on this body. Sort of what they call a "Life style " car. I like the removable roof and the inside if the bed is great looking.   

Hi David!

You are right... If Dodge was to put such a contraption on a turntable at a big show... their PR staff would definitely call it a "Lifestyle" vehicle. Go figure...

CT

2 hours ago, NitroMarty said:

There's not enough O's in COOOOOOOL  to describe this one, Claude!!!!!

LOVE the whole surf wagon theme too, but then again "unique" surf wagons are kinda my thing.... As evidenced by my Scout, elsewhere in this segment of the forum! 

Thanks Marty!

It's alway funny to see how we react to a design thats known by everybody, but revisited for a styling exercise. Watching the spectators reactions is priceless...

CT

10 hours ago, Gumball said:

Iv been waiting for someone to hot rod a minivan! You just made a dream come true!

Hi Johnny! Thanks for the comments. 

Actually, it's been done a few times, namely by famous builder Ted Lear, who took the same Lindberg kit, and grafted the rear section of a Chevy dualie PU to it, with a trailer to boot!

My take on the Caravan doesn't hod a candle to Mr. Lear's, I must say. I'm a fan of his, and always been. 

CT

4 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Always a pleasure and an intirgue to see what's next from you, and this one doesn't disappoint!

No point thinking too seriously about these bits of plastic.

Hi Nigel!

Thank you. Let's just say I'm "seriously " invested in styrene. And to say it started in the early 60's...

CT

Madness and genius are very similar states of mind I would say, but I opt for the second explanation in your case my friend!

There will be a dedicated table just for you at the next event and I can't fully understand that there are even more to come...

I am embarrassed about my personal production... very embarrassed...

Fun with styrene... It couldn't be more true!

Your the man Claude!

6 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Madness and genius are very similar states of mind I would say, but I opt for the second explanation in your case my friend!

There will be a dedicated table just for you at the next event and I can't fully understand that there are even more to come...

I am embarrassed about my personal production... very embarrassed...

Fun with styrene... It couldn't be more true!

Your the man Claude!

Hi Francis!

I run sprints... you run marathons I would say. The important part is we both love running. 

Einstein used to say: "Genius and stupidity are frighteningly similar... Only real difference is that intelligence has limits". Now, what to do of such a stern warning?

Keep milling up parts: we are expecting great things from you I know you won't disapoint!

CT

Hi Claude, soooo... that thing is super cool!!!! I have seen a couple of mini van customs, they were all cool, however, this one makes me want to dive in! I love it. All your builds are spectacular, and all over the map, which is even more cool. Thanks for sharing, I see a mini van in my future...

Cheers, Steve