Model Cars Magazine Forum

This Forum's Purpose

This is a bit of an experiment. We wanted to have a specific place where people could get the latest status on the magazine, and other efforts to improve our content. Our goal here is to be open, and keep you informed. 

This is also a place where you can ask about future directions, or share your ideas. 

This is not a place to discuss subscription issues. If you have any issues or questions, please contact either myself or Larry Greenberg (larrygre)

All the normal forum rules apply here. If you haven't looked at them lately, please review them. Most importantly, be respectful and polite. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. 

As far as sharing ideas, as far as it relates to magazine content,  I’d look at the most often asked questions on here and try to incorporate those into the magazine content. Along with being able to cull many build pics from here as well.

just talking out loud......

1 hour ago, tbill said:

As far as sharing ideas, as far as it relates to magazine content,  I’d look at the most often asked questions on here and try to incorporate those into the magazine content. Along with being able to cull many build pics from here as well.

just talking out loud......

Hi Tom,
This section of the Forums will be to communicate news and updates about the magazine, and to have a place for fellow modelers (our readership) to ask questions about MCM and to offer and discuss ideas and suggestions for the magazine in an interactive manner.  Think of it as a real-time suggestion box and not just a one way dropoff point.  Its important to the team here at MCM that the interactive nature continues far into the future.  We need your input, and we'll never stop asking for it and appreciating it.  I'd like to find a less corny way of saying ":This is YOUR magazine", but I think you get the idea.

As far as build pics and the like, there are already Forum spaces for that.   And yes we'll be looking at those as well.

On 8/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, afx said:

Maybe I'm confused Dave, is this topic about the magazine or is it about the MCM forum?

To me the naming convention used by the forum's software makes no sense.   It is confusing. It calls each section of the forum website a "forum", and the whole thing is called "site".

To me it makes more sense to call the entire site a "forum", and each separate section (like this one) a "section" . But that is just how the developers of the forum's software chose to name things and we just have get used to it.

2 hours ago, peteski said:

To me the naming convention used by the forum's software makes no sense.   It is confusing. It calls each section of the forum website a "forum", and the whole thing is called "site".

To me it makes more sense to call the entire site a "forum", and each separate section (like this one) a "section" . But that is just how the developers of the forum's software chose to name things and we just have get used to it.

I agree, but I didn't come up with this nomenclature. 

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of dropped out after issue #207 didn't materialize. I stopped in tonight to see what's up and find that there is a reorganization under way? Is there a summary of events since #206 any where? If not, it would be nice to post such a summary so everyone will be on the same page. I would have expected it on the front page where the "July 2020 update" is located, but I' don't see anything there.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Brizio said:

Have a section in the forum where we can have some update about the magazine, is a good idea. 

Try reading the first post. It states: 'We wanted to have a specific place where people could get the latest status on the magazine, and other efforts to improve our content.'

• Like 1

What are the plans for the magazine when it makes it to print again, besides subscriptions, will it be available again as an over the counter magazine in the retail sector?

Also, will it be become available 'over the counter' like Scale Auto was and Fine Scale Modeler is in the UK?

Edited by Bugatti Fan

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

What are the plans for the magazine when it makes it to print again, besides subscriptions, will it be available again as an over the counter magazine in the retail sector?

Also, will it be become available 'over the counter' like Scale Auto was and Fine Scale Modeler is in the UK?

https://www.modelcarsmag.com/where-to-buy/

8 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

As I suspected Kit having pulled up the where to buy list link you placed in your post it looks like Stateside only.

No UK retailer is listed.

Unfortunately we don't have anyone in the UK. We'd love to have some though. If you have a local hobby shop, perhaps you can point them in our direction. Alternatively, we now have digital subscriptions that should meet your delivery needs. 

• Like 1