Model Cars Magazine Forum

40% off all model kits at HL

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I don't think it's going away, I think it's just they changed the formula for some reason and it sucks now. Others might know more though. 

It worked great the last time I used it. I guess ,maybe the can I used was an older one, so I'll test it before I use any of the newer cans. I asked the question because in the previous post Bills72sj said he picked up some Wet Look Clear before it goes away.

I've been buying up the Model Master Ultra Gloss Clearcoat before it goes away, and because I like it better than the WLC anyway.

I think the story about the changing formulation and quality of Model Master rattle cans was addressed earlier in the "Question and Answer" and "Tips and Tricks" forums. I think it was due to Rustoleum messing with the stuff.  I was forewarned that the metalizer spray cans were no longer as good. 

Was pleased to find that Hobby Lobby finally had the Revell re release of the '29 model A Roadster. I popped into the store last Friday at the end of the "40% off all model kits" sale and scored the last one! Picked up another rattle can of Tamiya primer with the daily 40% off coupon while there. Its too bad they dont carry the full compliment of Tamiya colors. But they do have a good assortment of modeling tools.