Model Cars Magazine Forum

First time on the bench since hot weather arrived. Hard to paint with the humidity we've been having. 

Anyway, I found this kit for $10 at a small shop. Instead of building it as shown on the box, I'm going a different way. What if rednecks colonized the moon? Their buggies would be a lot more colorful than NASA's. 

I began by building a simple roll bar around the passenger compartment, then the rear bumper (with a 2" receiver hitch) The front is a parts box grill guard that will have a winch. 

Wheels are 1/20 Toyota 4wd pickup items. I haven't decided on paint. I'm leaning towards something bright and outlandish, but dirty and weathered sounds good, too.

20200825_111216.jpg

20200824_130427.jpg

20200825_111147.jpg

20200825_111156.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see you're tackling this kit that originally came out of the George Barris stable of strange customs. While not always an easy kit to build it is a fun one, that with a little creativity offers a lot of possible schemes. I will look forward to seeing where you take your build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...