Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 ford bubble top custom

gseeds

I love this!   A fresh original twist on an old favourite and yet I recognise all the elements.  To be honest, I am seeing more factory dream car than custom but I don't think that is a bad thing!  The paint is simply sensational, I simply can't imagine a more appropriate treatment than this and that corrugated trim on the rear deck is brilliant!

What makes me grin even more is that I have its alter ego started in a box somewhere here.  I am grafting a 57 Fairlane roof and glass onto the Predicta - gives a Cushenberry "Marquis" look to it.  It stalled because I hadn't come up with a headlight treatment yet - this is giving me ideas!

Cheers

Alan

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alan barton said:

I love this!   A fresh original twist on an old favourite and yet I recognise all the elements.  To be honest, I am seeing more factory dream car than custom but I don't think that is a bad thing!  The paint is simply sensational, I simply can't imagine a more appropriate treatment than this and that corrugated trim on the rear deck is brilliant!

What makes me grin even more is that I have its alter ego started in a box somewhere here.  I am grafting a 57 Fairlane roof and glass onto the Predicta - gives a Cushenberry "Marquis" look to it.  It stalled because I hadn't come up with a headlight treatment yet - this is giving me ideas!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan , I like the idea of a Factory Dream Car over calling it a custom, it just has the right ring to it , can’t wait to see your version with the ‘57 fairlane top on the predicta body , wish I had thought of that! 

On 8/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, Plowboy said:

I usually don't like bubble top customs. But, I really like this! So often customizers overdo a car and make it unrecognizable. This is still recognizable as a '57 Ford. The paintwork puts the icing on the cake! Excellent work!  

Thanks very much !