Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro

ash74

Hello all

I am hoping for some guidance? I want to know if there is a more suitable color to undercoat for Orange? I am having trouble even coating the orange color. I am also wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the red taillights stand out against the orange? I have a had trial run & the taillights definitely blended in to the orange.  Thank you

Ash

Hello All

Thanks for the reply, It is a 1970 Camaro. I will look at both the primers. It will just depend on what I can get. Could you please let me know what Tamiya Pink it is? I am not finding any primers in that range. Thank you

Ash

Edited by ash74

Tamiya also offers a white primer that should work well under your Orange color coat. The next question is what Orange are you going for ? Some suggestions if you haven't  already  picked out a color. Model Master offers a GM Hugger Orange as well as a Ford Grabber Orange and a Dodge Go Mango Orange. Tamiya offers a TS-12 Orange. These are all slightly different shades of Orange but gives you an idea of some options if what ever color you're using now isn't giving you what you're looking for. 

Hello 

I grabbed a tin of Model Master Go Mango. Does anyone know if the Tamiya primer's will work underneath Enamel paints? I couldn't find a lot of info,  more just saying my local stores do not have a supply. Thanks

Ash