Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Chevelle SS396 Burnished Brown

randyc

Very clean looking and great paint finish. That color wasn't that popular where I was living at the time and I just never understood why. I like it a lot. Your detailing is what makes this OOB build really stand out. 

Thanks.  It's testors extreme lacquer root beer.  It's not a perfect match, but I like a lighter shade than OEM so it looks close indoors.  And I needed something different.  This is only my second brown car.  I was thinking gold but couldn't find one I liked at auto parts store.

Definitely a color that I wouldn’t think of, looks great, love the white interior color combo. Nice so see it box stock, I’m building a similar but in factory correct lemans blue, that has to redo just to fix the back bumper gap.

Also note how well detailed are the Magnums or however Gm call it. Read somewhere that the amt are more correct but the Revell ones seems fine

9 hours ago, Pierre_tec said:

Definitely a color that I wouldn’t think of, looks great, love the white interior color combo. Nice so see it box stock, I’m building a similar but in factory correct lemans blue, that has to redo just to fix the back bumper gap.

Also note how well detailed are the Magnums or however Gm call it. Read somewhere that the amt are more correct but the Revell ones seems fine

Thanks.   Good luck with the rear bumper.  I wish I would have done even more there.   When compared to the diecast also pictured in this thread.   

My wheels are AMT out of Roadrunner with correct trim rings and painted centers.   The Revell wheels will work but aren't necessarily correct for a factory SS396, from what I found.  I am not going to pretend to be an expert.   Just what I found when doing my research for the build.  

35 minutes ago, drodg said:

Looks very good.  I was wondering what wheels you would end up using.  SS emblems on them are they from the decal sheet?  They look good, the car looks great.  

Yes, decals are from decal sheet.   For this build I used all the decals and didn't attempt to paint.   With enough red label solvent, they snuggle down.   I applied solvent over space of couple days.  Let it dry, hit it again.   

5 minutes ago, randyc said:

Yes, decals are from decal sheet.   For this build I used all the decals and didn't attempt to paint.   With enough red label solvent, they snuggle down.   I applied solvent over space of couple days.  Let it dry, hit it again.   

Thanks Randy

3 hours ago, randyc said:

Thanks.   Good luck with the rear bumper.  I wish I would have done even more there.   When compared to the diecast also pictured in this thread.   

My wheels are AMT out of Roadrunner with correct trim rings and painted centers.   The Revell wheels will work but aren't necessarily correct for a factory SS396, from what I found.  I am not going to pretend to be an expert.   Just what I found when doing my research for the build.  

68 AMT Roadrunner wheels?