Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hubley Renault Dauphine

fordf-100

Hi all, this is the 1/24 Hubley kit of the Renault Dauphine. Built curbside style with no real modification other than wheels and lowered some and a couple things added in the rather plane interior. This was a lot of fun! Let me know what you guys think, comments always welcome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a surprise to see a Dauphine, let alone the great rendition you have constructed Phillip. The deep blue with the white stripes adds a zing to the vehicle. The contemporary wheel choice also works on this early 60s model. I am curious if you added the sun roof? As a kid growing up in the middle of Canada the Renault Dauphine was a fairly common sight back in the day and your work brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for exhibiting your work and congrats on an eye catching build.

Cheers Misha

Thanks for the comments guys! Misha the sunroof is stock to the kit. I got this in a trade on the forum here, it was in really good shape! I was curious because this has what I think is acetone glass that has shrunk and yellowed, a few weeks ago I picked up another of these unbuilt in a bag so I assume that’s pretty old! The bag is sealed but there is no glass in it, I guess it didn’t come with it so this build could possibly be a promo?

47 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Cool spin on that!!!! Wonder if those molds are still around?? I saw a case of them at a flea market about 1979 the guy wanted $10 each but you had to buy the case....24 I think?

It would be cool if these molds were around and usable, I have seen a resin one that is “gasser” style that looks cool! Man it would be nice to get a case of these for $10 now!

Neat build! I love this little bugger, I have found a few of them over the years.

To answer the question... the kit was available two ways. One in a box, that version had the interior and glass. Two was a cheaper version, which came in a bag and didn’t have either interior or glass. 

Afterthought- There was also a Pyro kit. It had a multi piece body.

Edited by Tom Geiger

9 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Neat build! I love this little bugger, I have found a few of them over the years.

To answer the question... the kit was available two ways. One in a box, that version had the interior and glass. Two was a cheaper version, which came in a bag and didn’t have either interior or glass. 

Afterthought- There was also a Pyro kit. It had a multi piece body.

Tom, thanks for the info, this had the interior. Back then I can’t imagine the boxed version was that expensive, I think it’s funny they wanted to do a cheaper kit! I just checked the bag kit does not have an interior!

image.jpg

10 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Nice! My dad worked on these at a Renault dealership in the 70's. The Gordini was a favourite, he said to 'move' around the lot! haha,

Thanks for the comments, I had been looking for a Gordini for a couple of years ( a fairly reasonable one) I finally scored it a few weeks ago and am thinking of making it as a companion to this!

I was totally unaware that there were any Renault Dauphine kits in 1/25th scale. Philip's builds are really cool!  I like the colour scheme, wheels and the extra detailing of the plain interior.

The only Dauphine I knew about up to now was a 1/32 scale kit from way back by Airfix. It was one of their bagged kits from what I can remenber.

Edited by Bugatti Fan