Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Road Runner

RadRidesByDan

Sweet looking ride you got there.

The detailing is brilliant.

Where's the driver hiding in the brake light photo? Cos someone must have their foot on the brakes for them to be that bright. :angry:

Its the sunlight Bro.....I wish I could take credit for some engenius way of making it look like the lights are on but not on this one :rolleyes:

Its the sunlight Bro.....I wish I could take credit for some engenius way of making it look like the lights are on but not on this one :rolleyes:

Hello there friend! I noticed that myself and thought this is great I need to know how!!! This is an awesome piece of work Big'D' an the paint jus pops. Very cool and clean build-up.. Keep on wit the keepin on!!!

peace

ajulia

Dan, I don’t know how I missed this post before…very nice. Personally, I don’t care which engine is in a car. As long as it looks good, that is all that matters. I think we get a little too hung up with dotting every I and crossing every tee. These are “modelsâ€â€¦they are not real. They are for our enjoyment. If you want to install a VW 4 banger in a Roadrunner, so what. Anyway, very nice build and beautiful paint, no not beautiful paint, perfect paint. My only comment would be that I would have liked to see a little more chrome trim, like the door handles (since you did not shave them) and the vent windows. Around the tail light area and the letters for Plymouth on the back panel, but that is just me…either shave them or foil them. Still, it is a beautiful street runner…great job.

Dan, I don’t know how I missed this post before…very nice. Personally, I don’t care which engine is in a car. As long as it looks good, that is all that matters. I think we get a little too hung up with dotting every I and crossing every tee. These are “modelsâ€â€¦they are not real. They are for our enjoyment. If you want to install a VW 4 banger in a Roadrunner, so what. Anyway, very nice build and beautiful paint, no not beautiful paint, perfect paint. My only comment would be that I would have liked to see a little more chrome trim, like the door handles (since you did not shave them) and the vent windows. Around the tail light area and the letters for Plymouth on the back panel, but that is just me…either shave them or foil them. Still, it is a beautiful street runner…great job.

Thanks to all for the great comments. Very appreciated

As for teh BMF on the window trim and vent windows....I originally had put it on but it took away the look of the paint.... I dont know if its because the car is black on black with little chrome....it just didnt jive, so I took it off and left it mono color and left minimal chrome. It just makes you focus on the shine instead :lol: