Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can I see your guys model stashs' ?

13 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

One of the guys on the hamb got these kits for free at a moving sale yesterday....

DSCF1670.JPG

That 1/32 scale '34 was the first model I built, when I got the bug, again, in 1982 (I only too five years off!). It was the Dukes Of Hazzard version. I still have it in my display case!

Edited by Straightliner59

24 minutes ago, fairlane1320 said:

A Couple of my Fords....

Nice collection. Those new Bronco kits are sweet and well done . I have not built mine but they are very clean molds. Also love that Monogram dragster on the very bottom left.

Mike

6 minutes ago, Ctmodeler said:

Let me ask something. Why do alot of you guys have 2 or 3 of the same models ? I'm perplexed lol

For me its because I have trans kits for some of them or its just kits I have more than one plan for or even because some of them are parts goldmines. Also some were too cheap to turn down (trade fodder)

1 hour ago, Ctmodeler said:

Let me ask something. Why do alot of you guys have 2 or 3 of the same models ? I'm perplexed lol

What Leslie said.  I have several AMT-ERTL '55 Chevy pickup kits.  But I bought an open '55 Cameo kit at a swap meet, knowing it had the original error in the cab.  (The tops of the doors were slanted down, should be straight. Fixed in later issues.)  Because of the error it was cheap and I have a resin '55 panel truck trans kit.  So the bad cab didn't matter. Now I don't have to sacrifice one of the other '55 Chevy trucks, which all have the corrected body.

Some kits are "short-run," like the old Model King private re-issues.  I usually got more than one of those, because I wasn't sure when/if they'd ever be available again.  As it turns out, most have been re-issued by Round 2.  Which is OK, I don't have to buy the latest version and the older kits were cheaper.  

Other kits unexpectedly  become short-runs, like the Revell '29 Ford roadster and '30 coupe. Those kits disappeared in a hurry and many people in here probably wish they had bought a case of each.  I could only find ONE '30 coupe in my area (at Hobby Lobby), before the kits vanished and eBay scalpers jacked up the prices.