Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat Iveco 190

Just finished this one. One of my "return to the hobby" builds. I wanted to take the pictures outside, but rain showed up. This is the Italeri "Cowboy" kit. Luckily, it has extra parts to build it this way. It's not perfect, but I am more or less pleased with it.  After taking the pictures, I realized that I forgot to finish the exhaust system. Oh well, I guess it will just be very loud.

100_4805.JPG

100_4806.JPG

100_4807.JPG

100_4808.JPG

Oh, wow... That looks really cool, Man... I love these Euro rigs... I never really cared for the plastic tires, though, but they do look nice when they're done as well as this... Great job....These kits are very much a part of my collection, and I love to see what people do with them...

Edited by kilrathy10

20 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Oh, wow... That looks really cool, Man... I love these Euro rigs... I never really cared for the plastic tires, though, but they do look nice when they're done as well as this... Great job....These kits are very much a part of my collection, and I love to see what people do with them...

Thanks, I'm not crazy about the plastic tires, I might get the rubber tires for my next one. I caught quite a few on sale and picked up about 5. I like the detail they have, just wish they weren't so expensive. I need to crack into one of my AMT trucks and see if I can do anything with them.

Nice truck, British plate from 1976. Remember them like yesterday. Yes there were other trucks in Europe other than Scanias at one time. Brings back memories...

When I worked for Tate & Lyle sugar refiners they had one of these on demo. Not sure if it had a Fuller gearbox in it because GB didn't really like ZFs. The driver who had it boasted that you didn't split the top gear into "high" until 73mph and it just kept pulling until you ran out of numbers on the clock. That was in the days before speed limiters. The same driver set his trailer on fire through a blown tyre and had to be pulled over and told about it by another driver, that's how much he used his mirrors!  His nickname was Roadrunner 

Edited by Rockford

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi. Fantastic model. This is one of my favourite trucks as my dad used to drive 2 of them. I'm currently working on the exact same model. Although due to time I've been working on it for over 3 years. However seeing the way your model has come out I've now got the renewed interest in finishing it off. Well done on a fantastic build. I'm hoping to work on the iveco turbostar after this.