Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Camaro in Hugger Orange

RDean58

Started yesterday, I believe that anyone that builds Camaros needs to have a Hugger Orange 69 on their shelf. Here is mine. Painted with Testors Hugger Orange and wet look clear. I took off the Camaro emblems for a cleaner look. This will be built out of the box except for tires and wheels. In other words, the cross ram intake with headers and the barely there exhaust system. I'm using the non SS grille on this build as well. I have a simple black interior to go along with the orange body.

Revell_1969_Chevrolet_Camaro_01.jpg

I want to put the black stripes on this, I hope they cooperate.

Revell_1969_Chevrolet_Camaro_02.jpg

Revell_1969_Chevrolet_Camaro_03.jpg

Revell_1969_Chevrolet_Camaro_04.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comments welcomed.

• Like 1

Engine is done, straight from the box except for removing the chrome plating from the carbs and painting them Tamiya metallic grey.

spacer.png

Basic black interior without center console but with a set of aftermarket gauges installed. I'll paint the shifter knob white before final assembly.

spacer.png

Okay, that's it for now, all comments welcomed and thanks for checking it out.

Engine and frame completed. I took some mock up pictures of it sitting on wheels. Tires are AMT Firestone from the new 70 Chevelle release while the backs are the tried and true L60x15 AMT Goodyears. Wheels are MPC open wheel rally from the various Corvette kits.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

With some time and a Dremel I was able to open up the grille.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome, and have a safe and fun labor day weekend!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...