Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why oh why cant we get one of these in 1/25th scale is beyond me

I wouldn't term the Bi-Autogo as a mere motorbike.  It happens to be a large two-wheeled automobile with small retractable wheels for balance.  Driver sits in the middle of the cab with two side-by-side seats just behind.  Power is V-8, and can get up to about 20MPH!  Prototype completed in 1913.  Apparently the builder never intended to put the design into commercial production.

https://digitalcollections.detroitpubliclibrary.org/islandora/search/catch_all_fields_mt%3A(bi-autogo) OR catch_all_fields_et%3A(bi-autogo)

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Automobile/ebvqyfXNpNUC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=bi-autogo&pg=PA390&printsec=frontcover

On 8/31/2020 at 8:43 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

No interest in this "ramp truck" for me.

I would however be delighted to see any '50s or '60s vintage Dodge half ton.

Preferably one of these. ;)

fl0117-269381_12@2x.jpg?1478903224000

Steve

Here's one I have in the stash.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:12 AM, Brian Austin said:

I wouldn't term the Bi-Autogo as a mere motorbike.  It happens to be a large two-wheeled automobile with small retractable wheels for balance. 

Sort of the same idea as the 1914 Militaire. It was marketed to the rich as a "2-wheeled automobile" for city use.  Those "training wheels" automatically lowered when the machine stopped, then retracted when it moved off again.

The manufacturer provided a few of these to the U.S. Army during World War I,  which shipped them to France for test and evaluation. Epic fail. This thing was just too heavy and clumsy to move around in muddy and shell-holed battlefield conditions. And the location of that shifter is downright scary.

We do have a plastic model kit of it, in 1/16 scale from Entex and Aoshima.  It is not known as an easy build.

Militaire-left gif.gif

Edited by Mike999
omit3