Model Cars Magazine Forum

A&N New Dodge Ram 2500

Mr mopar

I was going through the instructions for the truck, motor and suspension kits in anticipation of receiving my order..  I noticed that the assembly of all three is meant to be concurrent with various steps eliminated in the truck assembly and replaced with steps from the engine and suspension assembly.  I originally ordered just the truck kit but added the other two after thinking it over for a couple of days, glad I did seeing that some modifications would be required to add the engine and suspension to a built truck kit.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:04 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Santa Claus came by yesterday and he left this on my doorstep!   It is complete, no missing parts, waterslide decal and photo etched in the box.  I didn't realize when I ordered it that the engine was not part of the "full resin kit" as stated so I ordered it yesterday along with the Detailled Suspension.  I must say that's a very beautiful kit but not for every budget...  In the end, with the shipping costs and the exchange rate, it will have cost me the tidy sum of $300.00 Canadian dollars...  I'm not sure it's reasonable anymore...  Maybe it will retain its value if it becomes a short-run offer?  Time will tell... ?

Unfortunate. This is the only reason I'm not ordering one. I can't justify that much for a kit.

23 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Unfortunate. This is the only reason I'm not ordering one. I can't justify that much for a kit.

I have to admit you made a good and rational decision Dan!   When I bought the kit I was overly excited and a bit blinded by the topic I would say since these RAMs are so good looking.  I have chosen this hobby as my first choice and I don't jeopardize my budget, I am usually quite reasonable in my expenses and I consider this an investment... I hope...  This kit is of very high quality, way more detailed than most level 3 styrene kits and worth the price but I must admit our poor currency does not help us when it comes time to buy as most of the time shopping are made in American or European currency without forgetting the inevitable customs fees.

So I'm going to take this as a little treat and think about it twice before I hit the "buy" button next time!

1 hour ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I have to admit you made a good and rational decision Dan!   When I bought the kit I was overly excited and a bit blinded by the topic I would say since these RAMs are so good looking.  I have chosen this hobby as my first choice and I don't jeopardize my budget, I am usually quite reasonable in my expenses and I consider this an investment... I hope...  This kit is of very high quality, way more detailed than most level 3 styrene kits and worth the price but I must admit our poor currency does not help us when it comes time to buy as most of the time shopping are made in American or European currency without forgetting the inevitable customs fees.

So I'm going to take this as a little treat and think about it twice before I hit the "buy" button next time!

I came close at first. I've owned a 2018 Power Wagon and absolutely love them. Should have kept that truck. So I was so smitten with the subject matter that I almost jumped in!

IMG_20180209_193913_043.thumb.jpg.6ef51a6798f1ac5547bca6b9dada81d8.jpg

That’s a nice looking truck, especially in that beautiful snowy mountain photo.

When this first posted, I got the impression that the engine came with it.

Not a total deal breaker, but the engine is one of those things I always prefer, if possible, so that’ll increase the cost, and the consideration. 

That being said, it still looks like a great kit, and like others have said, you get what you pay for - a quality, highly detailed and accurate model of a unique subject matter not available elsewhere.

Edited by vincen47

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I came close at first. I've owned a 2018 Power Wagon and absolutely love them. Should have kept that truck. So I was so smitten with the subject matter that I almost jumped in!

What a beautiful truck and magnificent scenery!  You live in a beautiful part of our country my friend, here in the east the mountains are a little lower...  I will maybe go see your mountains in person when I am to my retirement!

13 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

The engine and detailed suspension kit were shipped last Friday.   No rush anyway, it's not something I want to build anytime soon, it will probably be a collector's item by then...?

The only thing that is curious to me is that engine looks much larger than 1/24 scale when compared to the Revell 1/25 Hemi.  Not spending the time, at this point, to dimension it out.

9 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

The only thing that is curious to me is that engine looks much larger than 1/24 scale when compared to the Revell 1/25 Hemi.  Not spending the time, at this point, to dimension it out.

Strange... I thought that all the parts were molded from 3D printed parts from the real truck?  The dimensions of the parts should be rather precise...!?

10 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Depends on which Revell Hemi you refer to...IIRC, there was talk some years back that the Hemi in either the Magnum or Challenger (the only Revell 1/25th modern Hemis) was underscale...

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Depends on which Revell Hemi you refer to...IIRC, there was talk some years back that the Hemi in either the Magnum or Challenger (the only Revell 1/25th modern Hemis) was underscale...

Could be.  I am not a MOPAR fanatic, so don't have much info.  Based on A&N's other offerings, it would be surprising if that out of scale.  But it did seem strange.  The engine I compared to is the 06 Dodge Magnum, as that is the only kit I have with that modern engine.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:48 AM, Rob Hall said:

There are Hemis in both, and they're not the same size at all, which probably is mostly to do with the Magnum being a dual use diecast/plastic kit. But that's always been an amusing aside to that time period of Revell. Two kits with the same engine and one's more than 2" (in 1:1) bigger than the other.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:08 PM, martinfan5 said:

I want to swap out the reisn tires for rubber,  now just gotta find some that will fit.

I am switching out the resin tires on my kit as well.  Scenes Unlimited T30 tires look to be exactly the same as the kit tires but rubber.  I am also buying their T17 tires to see which will look best tread wise.

1 hour ago, modelercarl said:

I am switching out the resin tires on my kit as well.  Scenes Unlimited T30 tires look to be exactly the same as the kit tires but rubber.  I am also buying their T17 tires to see which will look best tread wise.

To me, the tires are the weak point.  Not a fan of resin (or hard plastic) tires if I can avoid them.  Also looking at different wheels

3 hours ago, modelercarl said:

Oh yeah, both of those look good.