Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 312T

Scale-Master

I have never heard or seen these 1/64 kits....look great....but the ones I found for sale were over  $25 so I gotta pass.....that's about what the Tamiya 1/20 kits go for on ebay! They are cool but I see them as $15 kits.....Greet idea Koyosho.....price needs fixing

10 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I have never heard or seen these 1/64 kits....look great....but the ones I found for sale were over  $25 so I gotta pass.....that's about what the Tamiya 1/20 kits go for on ebay! They are cool but I see them as $15 kits.....Greet idea Koyosho.....price needs fixing

They are Japanese market only and have made pretty much all Ferraris. At least the significant ones. They come in series and the best way to buy them is if you find a complete box/set for sale on evil bay. They come prepainted and decaled already and are a total of like six pieces or so. Each kit comes with a tiny screw driver, as they assemble pretty much like a hotwheels car, except instead of rivets you have two little screws. They can be a lot of fun and display very well. hey can also get really pricey for certain models. 

19 hours ago, mrm said:

They are Japanese market only and have made pretty much all Ferraris. At least the significant ones. They come in series and the best way to buy them is if you find a complete box/set for sale on evil bay. They come prepainted and decaled already and are a total of like six pieces or so. Each kit comes with a tiny screw driver, as they assemble pretty much like a hotwheels car, except instead of rivets you have two little screws. They can be a lot of fun and display very well. hey can also get really pricey for certain models. 

That explains how it was done in one morning!

Looks great!

Glad you have the dexterity to build stuff in the smaller scales; I'm not sure I could pull that off.  Looks fantastic.  

Like someone else said, it seems like Aurora made an AFX G-plus slot car of this or something similar in the late '70s/early '80s.  

18 hours ago, Monty said:

Glad you have the dexterity to build stuff in the smaller scales; I'm not sure I could pull that off.  Looks fantastic.    

I am pretty sure you can pull it off and you will have a blast doing it.Half the fun of these little gems is their simplicity and the great result achieved. They are super simple to put together, requiring no glue or paint and they display really well. 

This is what they look like in their package. Seven pieces if you count the two screws that hold everything together. 

s-l1600.jpg