Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rebel Machine restomod

yellowsportwagon

Interesting subject. I remember these with the AMC 401 cu in and a 4 speed. They were a lot quicker than most people realized until all they saw was tail lights. I like your chassis idea and look forward to seeing how this turns out. 

22 minutes ago, espo said:

Interesting subject. I remember these with the AMC 401 cu in and a 4 speed. They were a lot quicker than most people realized until all they saw was tail lights. I like your chassis idea and look forward to seeing how this turns out. 

A friend of mine in high school had a 401/4 speed dual quad AMX that was a very sweet, quick ride.

3 hours ago, DoctorLarry said:

Tom, they are cheap but what does one do with the accumulated bodies that are of no use???

2 hours ago, DoctorLarry said:

I use them for spray outs when testing paint colors. THEN the circular file!

Yup! As long as I got my $5-10 worth of parts!  I have a bunch of parts kits (not NASCAR) and people on the boards will be looking for something I have, and I’m always happy to contribute it to their project!  

Or combine a couple of them in a bag and put up an eBay auction.. maybe in the slot car category!  Ya never know who will buy what!

11 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Cool! Glad to see a use for those NASCAR kits!  They are no sells at shows even at $5 and $10 each so it’s good to see one gone!

I'd take a few at $5.........I use them under most of the 70's era builds....god chassis really.....A guy once offered my a large lot of the AMT NASCAR for $1 each....if I took all 300 that day! 

13 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Cool! Glad to see a use for those NASCAR kits!  They are no sells at shows even at $5 and $10 each so it’s good to see one gone!

I had some listed on eBay starting at $1 plus shipping and no takers, so I've kept about six AMT kits and four Monogram kits for future kitbashing.