Model Cars Magazine Forum

model kit question

did they ever make a model kit of a 66  coronet  i would assume at least  promo would have been made if not  a  kit  either a customizing kit or  a standard release  minus the custom part options also i want to  build one and add to my  coronet  build  lineup  1 have a 65,67,68,69 and 70 just missing the 66 if they did not what  kits should i use to make a 66 

11 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

There is a resin transkit for $500 on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/324175597709.

Maybe a cross between a 66 Charger and a 67 GTX could get you most of the way there.

OR, you could buy that same kit directly from Model Car World for 40 bucks. 

https://mcwfinishes.com/shop/ols/products/1966-dodge-coronet-2dr-sedan

$459.99 is quite a markup. ? ,,, over 11 times the original price.

14 hours ago, michelle said:

thank you   i wish it was in stock 

On the site, it says all product is cast to order so maybe try sending an e-mail asking about it.

It looks like they cast them on a request basis so maybe you just have to make a request. Can't hurt to ask.

41 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

On the site, it says all product is cast to order so maybe try sending an e-mail asking about it.

It looks like they cast them on a request basis so maybe you just have to make a request. Can't hurt to ask.

oh thanks i did not see that 

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Yea, that seller is high. Every thing that he/she sells is ridiculously over priced. 

I often wondered why that kit was never produced. 

Edited by Brutalform

30 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

Yea, that seller is high. Every thing that he/she sells is ridiculously over priced. 

I often wondered why that kit was never produced. 

i wonder if revell might do one eventually  since it would not need to  much changes from the 67    mainly front and back ends  it looks like so they could just tool up some new front and back ends and what ever small other charges there is  use the  body and interior and  chassis and engine from the 67  and boom  they could still have both  kits  then they would need need to do the same for the 69   to back date it to a 68   and  make optional coronet 500 3  bar  taillights for the 69   to make is either a 69 coronet 500 or coronet superbee  

Edited by michelle

21 hours ago, Can-Con said:

At least he is not trying to sell a pirate recast. ?

22 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

There is a resin transkit for $500 on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/324175597709.

Maybe a cross between a 66 Charger and a 67 GTX could get you most of the way there.

when your partner tells you that you have too many models and you have to sell some, but you really dont want to. Of course its worth that much honey, you tell her knowing you wont have to part with any (and if you do you can buy a load more)

6 hours ago, michelle said:

i wonder if revell might do one eventually  since it would not need to  much changes from the 67    mainly front and back ends  it looks like so they could just tool up some new front and back ends and what ever small other charges there is  use the  body and interior and  chassis and engine from the 67  and boom  they could still have both  kits  then they would need need to do the same for the 69   to back date it to a 68   and  make optional coronet 500 3  bar  taillights for the 69   to make is either a 69 coronet 500 or coronet superbee  

Doubt that.

That kit has been avail since , what the 80s time frame and nothing has been done to it. IMO nothing ever will.   Ive seen the MCW resin grille and tail lights in person used to convert it to a 66. they are not that good < IMO only

Ive always wondered why no one ( kit manufacturer or some skilled aftermkt supplier  ) has never tooled up to convert the 67 GTX to a 1966 Belvedere / Satellite .

Its beyond my skill level or I would attempt it .

Edited by gtx6970