Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Pontiac Grand Prix. + Outdoor Shots.

StevenGuthmiller

46 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Hi Steve, and happy anniversary! As all the others have said, this is an amazing build. The details are just incredible and the overall look is “real”.

As in, it really looks like a real car. I saw most of the WIP thread, but I realize, I need to go back for another look. Your builds are awesome top to bottom, but for me, your interiors are second to none. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Steve

10 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

Wow, Steve, what can I say?? This build is absolutely breathtaking. Perfect in every way...I’ll definitely be following your Mopar build coming up. 

Thanks fellas!

Steve, I've really began to focus a lot of my attention on interior upgrades in the past couple of years.

The vast majority of these old kits have pretty scant interior detailing, and I've begun to find it very rewarding to try to get them a little closer to a modern kit detail level.

Once you get past the fear of cutting up a vintage kit interior, it really starts becoming quite a fun experience! :P

Steve

Congratulation!. You have made very nice build with all the details that the car like this deserves. I like your choice of color and attention to engine bay details. I have chcecked your other builds and I will not say anything new that you are very gifted.

Wish you all the best and many other cool projects !!! ?

On 9/16/2020 at 8:05 PM, c. jackson said:

that is just gorgeous!

3 hours ago, Ulbo said:

Congratulation!. You have made very nice build with all the details that the car like this deserves. I like your choice of color and attention to engine bay details. I have chcecked your other builds and I will not say anything new that you are very gifted.

Wish you all the best and many other cool projects !!! ?

Thanks guys!!

Steve

Steve I just heard back from the Spud Valley show in Fargo next month; unfortunately there will not be a competitive model car show there this year. I will still try to attend again as there will be a lot of plastic for sale and I have other (too many) hobby interests that are covered there! Would be interesting to meet you in person.

Don’t let these people who are attacking you for your building style get under your skin. I am sure the majority of us here totally enjoy what you do each and every step of the way and take these opportunities to learn new skills and methods seriously. Keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, RJL said:

Steve I just heard back from the Spud Valley show in Fargo next month; unfortunately there will not be a competitive model car show there this year. I will still try to attend again as there will be a lot of plastic for sale and I have other (too many) hobby interests that are covered there! Would be interesting to meet you in person.

Don’t let these people who are attacking you for your building style get under your skin. I am sure the majority of us here totally enjoy what you do each and every step of the way and take these opportunities to learn new skills and methods seriously. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the information Russ, and for taking the time to dig it up for me.

I appreciate it.

I guess I wasn't really aware of any "attacks for my building style" but I suppose that I might have missed something........or ignored it! :D

I really don't give much weight to anyone who wishes to attack me for my style.

I try to let the results speak for themselves.

I'm pretty happy with the results most of the time. :)

Steve

What a gorgeous model! It's a real joy to see such a rare subject built so beautifully. I think one of your talents is your ability to root out the the parts of a kit that detract from the model's realism and replace them with your own better solutions.

Love the colour  too!