Model Cars Magazine Forum

My model building days are coming to an end

I don’t have much longer left to.build. I have been building. With one arm and now I have been having weakness in my left. I also have noticed I have a tremor in my left. I can’t foil anymore I can’t cut it. I have some models I painted that’s ready to build and some pro shop I have had for a while that may be it. I may drop in on the forum from time to time. I always commented on built models and models being built so I think those was quality posts for anyone who brought it up. I.have enough going on with mother to stay busy ....

Edited by slusher

So sorry to hear of your latest developments. I had no idea your situation had gotten to this point. I have always respected your advice and learned from your comments to others. Please stay in touch as your input and advice will always be valued here. 

I hate to see you go Carl. You have always been a good friend and always had words of encourage for others. I have the Ford switcher you sent me proudly displayed in the front of my model cabinet. I'll always cherish it. But please come back and visit. I know it must be frustrating but you always seemed to get such joy looking and commenting on everyone "works in progress" and "finished builds".  Stay well my friend.

Carl, you don't have to build to be a member here. So, please stick around! I always appreciate your comments on my models. I'm sure everyone else does also. This place won't be the same without you. But, I understand there's more important things for you to deal with. Prayers for you and your family.

I'm deeply saddened to hear this Carl.

If there was one thing that I could always count on, it was that Carl was always around somewhere on the forum.

Please don't make a stranger of yourself!

Your input here is still of great value.

Think of it this way.

You won't be the only guy on the board that doesn't build anything! :lol:;)

Steve

Wow, what a bad bit of news, I'm sorry to hear that. I understand that it may be difficult for you to not be able to build and post photos of your work but you don't have to leave the community completely. I would certainly miss your kind and honest commentary as well.

David G.

Carl, we will be praying for you and your mom. So sorry to hear about your situation. I too have to deal with the tremors, and it can be quite frustrating sometimes.  I think that it is pretty obvious that no one wants to see you leave the forum. You have been an asset to this forum and as already mentioned, you don’t have to build to post. I hope that you are able to stick around and thanks for all of your encouraging words over the years.