Model Cars Magazine Forum

My model building days are coming to an end

2 hours ago, tbill said:

I would like to echo what has already been said. You’re one of the main cogs in the machine here.

Keep on keepin on, we are here for you .

I couldn't say it any better. Stay strong & thanks for all your kind words, inspiration and great builds over the years. Don't be a stranger around here.

Sorry to read this Carl. You were a friendly voice when I joined here recently.

Quite understandable that you have other things to concentrate on, but do keep dropping in if/when you need a distraction from other things in your life. To a greater or lesser extent I'm sure that's why many of us are involved in this hobby.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, espo said:

So sorry to hear of your latest developments. I had no idea your situation had gotten to this point. I have always respected your advice and learned from your comments to others. Please stay in touch as your input and advice will always be valued here. 

On 9/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, cobraman said:

So sorry to hear this Carl buddy I really am. Please keep in touch with us here and also you can PM me anytime. I hope you know we are here for you. Stay strong and take care.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, Mike999 said:

Sorry to hear this terrible news.  Like everybody else said, keep in touch.  I always enjoyed your projects and your comments on builds.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:07 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'm sad to hear that, Carl. I've always enjoyed seeing your work, reading your comments, and particularly admired your painting skills. As others have said, please keep in touch.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, maltsr said:

I'm sorry to hear this Carl, it's been a pleasure to communicate with you over the years. Take care and I wish you all the best for the future.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, martinfan5 said:

Sorry to hear this Carl, wishing you the best.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:14 PM, ewetwo said:

I hate to see you go Carl. You have always been a good friend and always had words of encourage for others. I have the Ford switcher you sent me proudly displayed in the front of my model cabinet. I'll always cherish it. But please come back and visit. I know it must be frustrating but you always seemed to get such joy looking and commenting on everyone "works in progress" and "finished builds".  Stay well my friend.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:46 PM, High octane said:

Prayers for you and your mom Carl as you'll be missed by many of us, so please stay in touch my friend and I hope that things get better for you.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, vamach1 said:

Hang in there brother.  So sorry to hear this.  I always enjoy seeing your work and the constructive comments on the builds we have in common.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, Kit Basher said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. Please continue to join us here when you can. I enjoy your comments and your positive attitude is a blessing. Any time you need support I know you will find it here.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:50 PM, Classicgas said:

I echo everyone's sentiments here. Know you are in my prayers. HE has a plan for you  my brother. 

On 9/10/2020 at 5:51 PM, Can-Con said:

So sorry to hear that Carl. I hope you do stick around even if you won't be building. 

It wouldn't be the same without you.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, BeakDoc said:

So sorry to hear this, Carl. Your builds will be missed. You’ll certainly be in my thoughts.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, NOBLNG said:

Sorry to hear thar Carl. As others have said, feel free to hang around the forum. You can comment on or critique my builds anytime.

Best wishes, Greg.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Plowboy said:

Carl, you don't have to build to be a member here. So, please stick around! I always appreciate your comments on my models. I'm sure everyone else does also. This place won't be the same without you. But, I understand there's more important things for you to deal with. Prayers for you and your family.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:27 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm deeply saddened to hear this Carl.

If there was one thing that I could always count on, it was that Carl was always around somewhere on the forum.

Please don't make a stranger of yourself!

Your input here is still of great value.

Think of it this way.

You won't be the only guy on the board that doesn't build anything! :lol:;)

Steve

On 9/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, David G. said:

Wow, what a bad bit of news, I'm sorry to hear that. I understand that it may be difficult for you to not be able to build and post photos of your work but you don't have to leave the community completely. I would certainly miss your kind and honest commentary as well.

David G.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:33 PM, shoopdog said:

Carl, your builds will be missed here but please hang around and encourage all members with your comments and wisdom.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:36 PM, vincen47 said:

I agree, you don’t have to build to post here. You have a lot of knowledge to pass along, and your opinions have huge value to all of us. I wish you hope and courage through your struggle.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Carl, we will be praying for you and your mom. So sorry to hear about your situation. I too have to deal with the tremors, and it can be quite frustrating sometimes.  I think that it is pretty obvious that no one wants to see you leave the forum. You have been an asset to this forum and as already mentioned, you don’t have to build to post. I hope that you are able to stick around and thanks for all of your encouraging words over the years.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:48 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

So sorry to hear your health has brought you to this, but more importantly I hope your health improves. 

Talked with my wife and after some thinking quitting the forum doesn’t help my problems so I will be around....

Just now, slusher said:

Talked with my wife and after some thinking quitting the forum doesn’t help my problems so I will be around....

Good to hear. Stay well and feel free to offer any advice you want on anything you see me trying to make something out of it. 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Sorry to hear this, Carl. I hope you can still get some respite from your troubles by visiting here.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:41 AM, Bills72sj said:

Carl, I wish you the best in your future. I have admired how encouraging you have been to all us other builder out here.

Take care.

On 9/11/2020 at 2:04 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

It is such a blow when one has to give up something that they have loved doing for so long. I wish you well, like many others on this site Carl. Your comments and encouragement will still be very much valued, so please keep active on here.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:55 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

Prayers for you and your family Carl.  Stay as long as you can because we need your input. 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 AM, Belugawrx said:

Hang in there Carl, don't be a stranger?

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 AM, tbill said:

I would like to echo what has already been said. You’re one of the main cogs in the machine here.

Keep on keepin on, we are here for you .

On 9/11/2020 at 6:53 AM, oldnslow said:

Sad to hear your troubles , we'll be praying for you .

On 9/11/2020 at 7:25 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Hey Carl, I’m sad to learn this news. As you can see from the posts here, you are a valued member of this community. I enjoy your friendship!  So stick around!

On 9/11/2020 at 7:45 AM, mchook said:

I couldn't say it any better. Stay strong & thanks for all your kind words, inspiration and great builds over the years. Don't be a stranger around here.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:18 AM, BuilderX said:

Prayers for you and your family Carl. Please stay in touch. Alway like seeing your signature and comments! May God Bless you!

On 9/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, mrmike said:

Carl, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune.  I hope you are still able to visit with us in the future.  Hang in there!

On 9/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ramfins59 said:

Carl, I am so very sad to hear this news from you.  I wish you well and pray for you.  Please try to remain a member of our "club" here as you are a valued member my friend.

21 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Sorry to hear Carl, hope you do drop in from time to time. Always like chatting with ya!!!

20 hours ago, thatz4u said:

Carl, our prayers are with you, visit the forum when you can, Al Rich

19 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

No one says you have to build to belong. This is like a village, you can always visit when time avails and the 24 hour cafe will always have a pot on, so see ya later.

17 hours ago, peekay said:

Sorry to hear that, Carl. But please stay on the forum - I'm one of the many who would miss you.

(I still look in here every day or so, even though I haven't built a model for 2 years.)

16 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

Indeed sorry to hear this. I myself have been contemplating when I will lay aside the old X-acto and cap off the glues. Please remain on the forums and comment on other's builds.

12 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues. You'll always be welcome here. 

9 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Sorry to read this Carl. You were a friendly voice when I joined here recently.

Quite understandable that you have other things to concentrate on, but do keep dropping in if/when you need a distraction from other things in your life. To a greater or lesser extent I'm sure that's why many of us are involved in this hobby.