Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T

StevenGuthmiller

Just a note to those of you that have been following this project that there will be no more progress posts submitted until after I have been removed from the “moderation” list.

At this point it appears that will take place sometime in mid January.

Sorry, and thank you for following.

Steve

• Thanks 1

You guys need to stay on topic. We left the new rule thread open for an extended period so folks could could say what they wanted. Carrying over into a WIP thread is not acceptable. All it will do is get others moderated or banned. If you feel you really have to voice your opinion then start another thread in the correct area.

• Thanks 2

On 12/21/2021 at 12:01 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just a note to those of you that have been following this project that there will be no more progress posts submitted until after I have been removed from the “moderation” list.

At this point it appears that will take place sometime in mid January.

Sorry, and thank you for following.

Steve

I look forward to following your content when the dust has settled. I too had to do some digging to figure out what happened- hang in there, and don't be shy about your build thread updates. I'll be waiting to see what excellent craftmanship you've come up with next.

18 hours ago, Xingu said:

You guys need to stay on topic. We left the new rule thread open for an extended period so folks could could say what they wanted. Carrying over into a WIP thread is not acceptable. All it will do is get others moderated or banned. If you feel you really have to voice your opinion then start another thread in the correct area.

Having walked many miles in a moderator's shoes on another forum (unrelated to this hobby), I know it is a thankless role that can generate strong feelings on all sides. Hopefully the build thread can get back on track with no additional issues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Hmmm. That's weird.

Just posted an update on several Facebook groups a couple of hours ago, and already got well over 100 replies.

Steve

All I was saying is that it is hard to organize and retrieve information on Facebook after it is posted. Lots of folks will see it, but it is hard to find again in a few weeks.

3 hours ago, Xingu said:

All I was saying is that it is hard to organize and retrieve information on Facebook after it is posted. Lots of folks will see it, but it is hard to find again in a few weeks.

That's fine.

Not much different than here.

I almost never look any deeper than the first page of a given category anyway.

I'm interested in new activity, not ancient history.

But hey, that's just me.

Steve

I not talking about you personally, just people in general who do like to go back and reference things they have seen before. A lot easier to find previously viewed items here and on other forums than it is on FB.

13 minutes ago, Xingu said:

I not talking about you personally, just people in general who do like to go back and reference things they have seen before. A lot easier to find previously viewed items here and on other forums than it is on FB.

That's why I said, "that's just me".

Steve

17 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Regardless of whether or not anybody likes Facebook or not, that's where they're going to find continuing updates of this project if they're interested, along with the other forums mentioned.

That WS23J8 is coming along nicely ! It's great to be able to see its progress.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:26 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Anyway, getting a little "off topic" here, aren't we?

Regardless of whether or not anybody likes Facebook or not, that's where they're going to find continuing updates of this project if they're interested, along with the other forums mentioned.

Steve

Fortunately, your updates show up in my Facebook feed quite regularly. 

The Coronet's fender tag is a nice touch. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodge Driver said:

Fortunately, your updates show up in my Facebook feed quite regularly. 

The Coronet's fender tag is a nice touch. 🙂

Great to know Frank!

Glad you can still follow along.

It’s beginning to look more and more like I won’t be spending anywhere near as much time on this forum as I used to. 
I’ll still be lurking, but probably won’t be participating a lot.
I’ve really become discouraged with several things around here, foremost being the fact that even though we’re told to voice our questions and concerns to the bosses through PM, I sent a PM to the admin back on December 22nd and have still heard nothing in return, now 2 weeks later.

At least my existence isn’t taken for granted on the other boards and groups that I frequent.

Steve

• Haha 1

I thought i would go ahead and approve your post so everyone can see.

I am guessing you sent a message to Dave asking to be taken off of moderation because you don't think you deserve it. You didn't get taken off of moderation. I think you got your reply.

Not sure where the taken for granted stuff comes from. You can post here just like every other member. The problem is most of your recent posts continue to bash this forum and the folks that volunteer here.

We even let folks see the posts that you put up directing them to other venues to see your work, but you get treated so badly here.

What you failed to realize in all of this is that the moderation period is a time for us to determine if you are going to continue to push the boundaries of the rules or if your intentions are to follow the rules of this forum.

With your continued whining and complaining, I am going to extend your moderation period.

I am also locking this thread, since you have stated more than once that you do not intend to update it.

• Thanks 1

• Xingu locked this topic