Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pactra namel

Give them a shake today, and again tomorrow, and again whenever you remember, until you try it.  Solid colors likely won't work (permanently settled) but metallics and maybe candies ought to be good provided you can mix them to the point where the little ball rolls around the bottom of the can without resistance.  Propellant is another matter; either there's enough there or there isn't.

I've got two or three cans of Hot Rod Primer...got them mixed as much as they're going to be...just waiting for the right project, like an early Ford coupe...

On 9/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, Little Timmy said:

In 1975 , I bought a small bottle of their metallic blue paint. The price, ( which was stamped on the bottle at the factory),  was 35 cents.

That bottle finally went bad in 2016, ( I didn't use it often but I did use it )

Ahhhhhh,  memories.....

I had the bottles of blue and the green metalic.

The green was never opened and the blue was 3/4 full and both were still usable when I gave then to my son two years ago.

That paint had an entirely different smell from other paints!

Cool! Thanks for the memories. I used the spray cans and bottles (only 10 cents when Testors was 15 for the same size) back in the '60s. The Hot Rod Primer gray color was just right. Another beautiful color in cans was Candy Tahitian Orange.