Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

7 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

I just heard on news that Hobby Lobby is going to raise their pay rate to 17 bucks an hour.... Not bad at all! If I was jobless, I'd probably take them up on it.... And work in the model section... ?

I saw that and thought the same thing, they give an employee discount too....

3 hours ago, El Roberto said:

I guess I'm just naturally suspicious, wondering if they're trying to get rid of their inventory before they stop selling kits entirely.  Their model section gets smaller every time I visit a store. 

I’ve yet to see that at my stores, usually I just see a stale product line up, eventually.

7 hours ago, El Roberto said:

I guess I'm just naturally suspicious, wondering if they're trying to get rid of their inventory before they stop selling kits entirely.  Their model section gets smaller every time I visit a store. 

They do it a few times a year, but usually before Christmas they clear a bunch out for new inventory. Not sure if that is the case this year, but I certainly hope so. I am still waiting for several of the newer releases to hit their shelves. 

9 hours ago, El Roberto said:

I totally agree with you. Nothing new is really coming in. I think they are pulling out. Why? I had a few employees tell me the problems they have had with that department.

17 hours ago, El Roberto said:

Right as hobbies have made a comeback during a pandemic and maybe brought some more people to model building? Their model section gets smaller as they bring in new stuff to sell along side of model kits. Five years ago you didn't have the tools and supplies that exist now at Hobby Lobby, things like Evergreen sheet, all of the different small tools and airbrush accessories and paints. Yes, they will have to do something about the Testors paints but I am guessing they will just carry whatever Testors offers, maybe they will add the Revell paints.