Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

On 11/9/2020 at 9:20 AM, Mike999 said:

The kit I've still never seen, at any of the 3 HL's closest to me, is the '60 Chevy pick-up with go-kart.  

I already had a couple of those 60 pickups because of the six cylinder engine. I was going to buy a few just to get the go carts ? but someone offered me two of the carts for $20 postpaid.  I grabbed them!

8 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I already had a couple of those 60 pickups because of the six cylinder engine. I was going to buy a few just to get the go carts ? but someone offered me two of the carts for $20 postpaid.  I grabbed them!

I don’t even want the pickup particularly, but I want the carts! ?. Guess that’s why they include them...

This is related to Hobby Lobby’s new guidelines which is sad that people would do this. I stopped at Micheal’s to see what they had in the model car kit section. Someone took a knife or box cutter and ripped open a box to steal parts out of it. Tires and wheels. And another box had the cellophane cut out of the bottom so it looked sealed but in fact had parts stolen out of it. Hobby Lobby has had the same problem and have secrurity cameras now in place to catch these individuals. Not a good thing to have connected to our hobby.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, ewetwo said:

This is related to Hobby Lobby’s new guidelines which is sad that people would do this. I stopped at Micheal’s to see what they had in the model car kit section. Someone took a knife or box cutter and ripped open a box to steal parts out of it. Tires and wheels. And another box had the cellophane cut out of the bottom so it looked sealed but in fact had parts stolen out of it. Hobby Lobby has had the same problem and have secrurity cameras now in place to catch these individuals. Not a good thing to have connected to our hobby.

That's a new one. I never seen this an issue in my local Hobby Lobby.  Isolated incidents?

On 11/9/2020 at 3:05 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

One thing I noticed at HL when I went there last week: All the Alumilite casting products were now marked with the red/yellow "Your Price" price tags - meaning the 40% off coupons can no longer be used on them. :angry: I'll have to check Michael's and see if it's the same deal.

Checked Michael's and the coupons apparently still work for the Alumilite stuff. 20% instead of 40% but it's something.

1 minute ago, slusher said:

Went to my Hobby Lobby and nothing new but Dom's Plymouth...

Still waiting on that 007 AMT Mach1 to show up in HL as I doubt I want to pay full price plus shipping.  The Round2 video shows they received them but I have no clue how long it takes them to make it to the retail stores.

3 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Still waiting on that 007 AMT Mach1 to show up in HL as I doubt I want to pay full price plus shipping.  The Round2 video shows they received them but I have no clue how long it takes them to make it to the retail stores.

If you have more then one Hobby Lobby you have a chance they may get one but with mine I buy mine on line if I really want it...

9 hours ago, slusher said:

If you have more then one Hobby Lobby you have a chance they may get one but with mine I buy mine on line if I really want it...

Do it today as the 40% sale is back on and it's free shipping (orders over $50) 'til midnight.

Edited by HomerS

I ordered 4 kits on this last 40% off deal with the free shipping and actually kind of lucked out. I ordered the Chrysler from the movie Christine because I don't have it and want to build it but I didn't notice it was one of the ones they have marked as "This item comes in assorted styles" as they usually have more than one kit pictured but it only had the one so I didn't catch it. But with I guess some luck they sent me instead the Supernatural Impala. I'll just have to pick up Christine later LOL...

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Some “Hobby” company!  Their corporate treats kits like you are buying a puzzle for your kid and anything will do! 

Yeah  purposely didn’t order another one because I didn’t know which kit I would get I just got lucky this time and did get one I wanted... it does suck they are like that especially since I think most everyone I know who builds picks there kits by the kit subject 

3 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

Yeah  purposely didn’t order another one because I didn’t know which kit I would get I just got lucky this time and did get one I wanted... it does suck they are like that especially since I think most everyone I know who builds picks there kits by the kit subject 

It’s a good thing you Brian, the model section at mine had very little to offer. I could not believe how bare the shelves are...

33 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

In the UK we have warehouse type art and craft shops named Hobbycraft. I would guess that Hobby Lobby and Michaels  are a similar thing in the US?

Hobby Lobby and Michaels are not warehouse-type stores. They are regular retail stores.

Hobby Lobby inside.

Interior1.JPG

Michaels inside:

Interior_of_Michael's_craft_store,_Sprin

Edited by peteski

Upstate (S.C.) Update:  the '60 Chevy pickup/go-kart is finally showing up in the Hobby Lobby stores near me.  At least it's in stock at 2 stores, I haven't been able to check the third one for a couple of weeks.  So if anyone else is looking for one at your local Hobby Lobby, maybe you'll see it soon.

I had already got tired of waiting and ordered a Chevy pickup from Scale Hobbyist.  Decent price, but not as decent as the 40% off at HL.

Hobby Lobby has been running the 40% off kit sale every other week.  So I'm guessing this will be an "off" week, unless they do a Black Friday sale or something. 

13 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Upstate (S.C.) Update:  the '60 Chevy pickup/go-kart is finally showing up in the Hobby Lobby stores near me.  At least it's in stock at 2 stores, I haven't been able to check the third one for a couple of weeks.  So if anyone else is looking for one at your local Hobby Lobby, maybe you'll see it soon.

I had already got tired of waiting and ordered a Chevy pickup from Scale Hobbyist.  Decent price, but not as decent as the 40% off at HL.

Hobby Lobby has been running the 40% off kit sale every other week.  So I'm guessing this will be an "off" week, unless they do a Black Friday sale or something. 

My store has had the Chevy Truck with the Go Cart but they don’t stay around. They did get the Range Rover but no one is buying them. I did get one...

Newest stock the two HLs in LI have are the Revellogram '76 Chevy pickup, '70 Firebird 2-in-1, Dom's ' 71 GTX, '60 Chevy Truck w/Go Cart, reboxed ROG Range Rover, Supernatural '67 Chevy Impala 4-door, '64 Plymouth Belvedere, and believe it or not the '71 Duster (odd HL would stock that one again at full price nonetheless when the two stores cleared them out at $5 a clip about a year ago). 

Wake me when they have the AMT Mitsubishi Eclipse, Toyota Supra, Nissan 350z, and the Revellogram Chevy S-10 in stock. I was lucky enough to find two LHS's that had the Eclipse and Supra as every retailer online were sold out. HL had the Supernatural Impy and Dom's 71 GTX shortly after they came out before any LHS did (it's usually the opposite). No LHS has the 350z or the S-10, though I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up at HL first again before the LHS's get them.