Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

Went there yesterday for the first time in months. Not much has changed. There are a few items on the shelf I would like to get eventually with the discount, just don't have the scratch at the moment. They are "would like to have at the right price" kits, not must haves.

'86 Olds

C6R

Ford GT

Went to HL for the first time in a while. Got the Revell Land Rover Series 3 for about twenty bucks (40% off model kits). I was surprised to see them carrying Mr. Surfacer and Mr. Clear Flat spray cans... I actually went there because they always used to have Tamiya white primer in stock, but it looks like they're transitioning a lot of their non-Testors supplies to Gunze/Mr. Hobby.  The shelves were pretty full, but it's almost all Round 2. 

On 10/21/2021 at 10:55 AM, paul alflen said:

Picked up 2 "Racer's Wedge's'' "at the White Lake, Mi Hobby Lobby yesterday at 40% off . Just an excellent buy at that price! Now I can put a Dodge, Ford , & Studebaker cab on them. 

That would be really cool..

8 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

How do you know when they have the 40% off at the stores?

Just check their web site every Monday. They post all the sale items including the model section. Right now, in my area anyway, they are running 40 % off on plastic models every other week and this is an off week when I checked yesterday.  

2 hours ago, espo said:

Just check their web site every Monday. They post all the sale items including the model section. Right now, in my area anyway, they are running 40 % off on plastic models every other week and this is an off week when I checked yesterday.  

ok. thank you. online its not showing a sale

Go to the store. If the 40% signs are up, you win. Set up an appointment in your calendar for every two weeks lasting a week from Monday through Saturday. If the signs aren't up, set the appointment the same but starting next week. Before you go next time, check your calendar. Easy peasy.

This is not a 40% off week, by the way.