Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

On 7/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, Dave Van said:

you can't have to many Mustangs!!! I need to build this one....................

paintday57.JPG

Racing stripes notwithstanding,  that's the first in a looonnngg while that I've seen a FB Mustang that hasn't been "Shelby cloned".

I'm digging the standard Fastbacks more than the Shelby lookalikes, as they're a dime-a-dozen nowadays. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped at my local HL on the way home from work.

No new releases (as usual), but the shelves were pretty well stocked again. (maybe they've caught up on their staffing shortage, so it's easier to keep the shelves stocked?)

One additional Revell kit was now also stickered at $37.99.

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

Has anybody seen the MPC 34 Ford Slammer Kit at HL? I got the 36 Chevy Wild One kit there last week, and was hoping to get the Slammer as a Mate for the Chevy.

Thanks! 

The HL here has had it (and still does) for a while now. No sign of the 36 Chevy yet,

5 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Has anybody seen the MPC 34 Ford Slammer Kit at HL? I got the 36 Chevy Wild One kit there last week, and was hoping to get the Slammer as a Mate for the Chevy.

Thanks! 

My HL had one but have not seen it back…

18 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Thanks! 

My HL had em both till I bought the Slammer.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, stavanzer said:

Thanks! 

Yes, the one I go to gets it in off & on. They've had both.

I'm hoping they get the Wild Hoss Bronco by Christmas. 

On 8/12/2022 at 6:34 PM, stavanzer said:

Thanks, Guys. I guess I will try to hit it lucky on my monthly trip to the store.

(I hate not being able to drive anymore!!)

Alan I will pick one up when I go if you haven’t got by then.  I didn’t know you wasnt driving anymore. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, CabDriver said:

My local store had a BUNCH of kits marked down to $7.49 today - AMT, Revell, some snap kits, that little Airfix VW Bus that they all seem to have - a good mix of stuff too.

Making room for new stuff for Christmas, maybe?

I'll believe it when I see it. No discounts here.

20 hours ago, CabDriver said:

My local store had a BUNCH of kits marked down to $7.49 today - AMT, Revell, some snap kits, that little Airfix VW Bus that they all seem to have - a good mix of stuff too.

Making room for new stuff for Christmas, maybe?

No markdowns on anything at my 2 local HL's today. Seems like HL stores have no rhyme or reason when stuff gets marked down as it seems like every store is different when the markdowns occur.