Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

On 10/18/2022 at 2:58 PM, 1930fordpickup said:

Stopped at HL last night. The 2 kits I picked up the 66 Chevelle was 35.99 and the Bronco was 32.99

Hmmm.... our local HL sells those at $26.99 each.

I did pick up another Foose Ford FD-100 kit with 40% off. Far cheaper than what one vendor selling at Syrcon 34 this past Sunday at $27. Got mine for $17 and change at HL.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Hmmm.... our local HL sells those at $26.99 each.

I did pick up another Foose Ford FD-100 kit with 40% off. Far cheaper than what one vendor selling at Syrcon 34 this past Sunday at $27. Got mine for $17 and change at HL.

I got that kit it's nice.  When i went to HL they had that kit for $37.99 i laughed because i would never pay that for that kit even with a sale.  

I had a twenty burning a hole on my pocket yesterday and had to stop by HL. While I have the Revell '69 Chevelle SS396 kit already I thought another might be a good idea. Sometimes I just can't help it and just have to buy something since it's 40 % off. 

My two local stores never saw the recent clearance that others had. The ones others said were marked down are still full price at my stores.

There are quite a few empty spots though, but they are labelled for upcoming "new" kits, so that's a good sign after what seems like nearly the same stock the last 18 months.

They don't have much variety, but at least there's some new stuff coming. I went by today and got two of the new AMT 1978 Bronco release and they had the Sunoco 1934 Ford truck out as well. I noticed they had labels on the empty shelves, but the only ones that caught my eye were the 1970 Olds 442 and the Revell Porsche 911 Coupe. The Porsche is one I'll buy many 40% off copies of to put in my Porsche pile.

That Porsche kit is fantastic...90% of a Fujimi Enthusiast Series kit for a fraction of the price.  Engine is simplified compared to Fujimi's, but once it's in the car what's the difference?  Tires aren't quite as good, but on balance the Revell version is an excellent buy.  

Already having both the coupe and cabriolet versions, though, I'll be waiting on that 4-4-2.  It's been reported here that HL will also have the Revell ex-Badman '55 Chevy.

3 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

There was also a placeholder for one I didn't know was coming, the 1937 Ford truck reissued with surfboards? That could be interesting!

Oh nice!!  I didn’t know they were getting that one, but I’ve been wanting one of those!

I spoke to the Store Manager at my local Hobby Lobby on Saturday. They get the shelf stickers and information on soon-to-arrive kits a few weeks before the kits actually reach their store. He has ordered a few of each of the approx. 10 kits that they have never previously carried, (so are "new" in Hobby Lobby's eyes), even tho they may not be new to our eyes. 1/25 Revell '37 Ford Pickup with Surfboard is an example of this as that kit was actually issued in January 2022, but is just now getting into the Hobby Lobby warehouse for distribution to the stores. 

My local store doesn't know what kits will arrive at their loading dock or when.  He expects them to start showing up 2 or 3 at a time within a week or so meaning it'll be 4 to 5 weeks before all 10? new kits are on their shelves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Stopped in my local HL on Friday, new additions were the AMT (ex-Lindberg) '66 Chevelle and the Wild Hoss Bronco, $35.99 & $32.99 respectively, as noted above.  Also had the Sunoco '34 Ford truck (didn't note the price, I got plenty of them cheap when they were still Lindberg).

Noticed that the AMT (again, ex-Lindberg) '61 Impala is now $29.99.  (Was previously either $24.99 or $26.99)

Most of the remaining empty spaces are now tagged for upcoming new arrivals.  Here's what I saw at mine:

'71 Olds 442 W-30

Porsche 911 Carrera

'70 Plymouth Roadrunner

'67 Corvette Stingray (color: blue, so this must be Revell, not MPC)

'37 Ford Pickup with Surfboard (woo-hoo!)

'70 Buick GSX 2 in 1

'56 Ford Thunderbird

1983 Toyota Celica Supra

'66 Malibu SS 2 in 1

'81 Camaro Z-28

'85 Camaro Z-28

Notably absent (IMHO): no Revell '30 Ford coupe or '32 Roadster.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

Stopped in my local HL on Friday, new additions were the AMT (ex-Lindberg) '66 Chevelle and the Wild Hoss Bronco, $35.99 & $32.99 respectively, as noted above.  Also had the Sunoco '34 Ford truck (didn't note the price, I got plenty of them cheap when they were still Lindberg).

Noticed that the AMT (again, ex-Lindberg) '61 Impala is now $29.99.  (Was previously either $24.99 or $26.99)

Most of the remaining empty spaces are now tagged for upcoming new arrivals.  Here's what I saw at mine:

'71 Olds 442 W-30

Porsche 911 Carrera

'70 Plymouth Roadrunner

'67 Corvette Stingray (color: blue, so this must be Revell, not MPC)

'37 Ford Pickup with Surfboard (woo-hoo!)

'70 Buick GSX 2 in 1

'56 Ford Thunderbird

1983 Toyota Celica Supra

'66 Malibu SS 2 in 1

'81 Camaro Z-28

'85 Camaro Z-28

Notably absent (IMHO): no Revell '30 Ford coupe or '32 Roadster.

I would have snagged the 71 Olds for sure.

I originally went in looking for the 65 Bonneville. They did not have one.

My store was 40% and decently stocked but I already own examples of all the inventory present.

Edited by Bills72sj