Model Cars Magazine Forum

All-New Chopped 1932 Roadster Up-Tops From Drag City Casting!

Everyone, Ed at Drag City Casting is at it again! This all-new offering is a resin chopped and stylized 1932 Ford Roadster up-top For Revell's 1932 Roadster HiBoy and Stacey David Rat Roaster kits. The top is a direct fit to the Rat Roaster but use on the HiBoy kits will require chopping the windshield 1/8". Ed is one of the best resin casters in the business and you won't be disappoint. I recently received 6 of these tops and below are a few pictures of one test fit to a couple of my previously built roadsters.

Ed does not have a formal website but can be contacted by email at: "lowcab36@epix.net", by phone at: (570)-289-4345 or through his Facebook business page "Drag City Casting". 

1600055931335-vi.jpg

1600056004907-vi.jpg

1600056025947-vi.jpg

1600056045510-vi.jpg

1600055947232-vi.jpg

1600055959663-vi.jpg

1600055955314-vi.jpg

16 hours ago, alan barton said:

Love it! 

Dennis, can you please check for me if it would fit or come close to fitting the Monogram 1/24th, Little Deuce based roadster body?

Cheers

Alan

It appears to fit fairly well! I put the original master uptop on a black issued Monogram deuce roadster body; and don't see any issues. There's no unsightly gaps along the back edge where it meets the body; and it fits generally the same as the uptop does on the Revell bodies Dennis posted above.  At worst you may decide to sand just a smidge off the inside of the top where it wraps around the side of the body; but I'm not convinced this is necessary........just showing you were to look if you think the fit is off a hair.

@larman @alan barton @krassandbernie

One of my 2 surviving childhood models is a Monogram 1:24 ‘32 Roadster (Built around ‘93 and very telling of the street rod trends back then!) so I pulled it out and offered up a top. As you’ll see the shape of the top follows the shape of the body (curves and arch) really well but the body in this example is just a touch too wide to let the top sit all the way down. A little relief work on the body, inside edges of the top or both would be needed but are easy enough to do. Then, of course, the windshield would need to be chopped. 

1600442308140-vi.jpg

1600442319846-vi.jpg

1600442328725-vi.jpg

1600442329554-vi.jpg

When I test fit the uptop on the untouched (molded in black) Monogram body it fit a lot better than you show here Dennis. The interior tub was even taped up inside of the body. I know that not every single kit body is going to be exactly the same...........after all, look at all the brand new kits we've opened where one body was warped or spread further apart at the bottom. Either way, it doesn't look like it would take much for even the average modeler to make this uptop work on the Monogram body if there's a slight discrepancy in fit.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:47 PM, Dennis Lacy said:

Everyone, Ed at Drag City Casting is at it again! This all-new offering is a resin chopped and stylized 1932 Ford Roadster up-top For Revell's 1932 Roadster HiBoy and Stacey David Rat Roaster kits. The top is a direct fit to the Rat Roaster but use on the HiBoy kits will require chopping the windshield 1/8". Ed is one of the best resin casters in the business and you won't be disappoint. I recently received 6 of these tops and below are a few pictures of one test fit to a couple of my previously built roadsters.

Ed does not have a formal website but can be contacted by email at: "lowcab36@epix.net", by phone at: (570)-289-4345 or through his Facebook business page "Drag City Casting". 

Great looking up-tops on a couple of fabulous Deuces

• 3 years later...