Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings from Germany!

The German

Hello everyone,

I once dared to register in an American forum. I hope I will be accepted by you here?

I've been modeling for about 11 years and it's extremely fun! Many colleagues here build really great models, I think I'm going blind ... I started with American trucks and European trucks. Now it's a question of space and that's how I got to the cars. Surely there is a corner here where I can show what I have built so far? It's not nearly as good as some of the other models here, but I think it's a matter of fun. I would also like to ask you to excuse my clumsy English. Every now and then I use Auntie Google's translator. If it doesn't fit, please push it on! I am really happy to be here. If you have any questions about me that interest you, let them out! To a good togetherness.

Greetings from Uwe.

20200621_162152.jpg

20200621_162226(0).jpg

20200621_162454.jpg

20200621_162602.jpg

20200909_140740.jpg

Willkommeen Uwe! 

Though you'll find that most of our members are from the United States, we do have builders from all over the world on this forum.

I have been a member of this forum since 2009 and I find this community to be a kind and respectful group dedicated to supporting its members and advancing the hobby. 

David G.

Thanks for all the answers! Very nice and kind... ?

Yes, I have to admit that every build is a lesson for the next one! I will do everytime my very best... As good as I can... Hope you all like my works a little bit?

I know I'm far away from some members here... I am full of admiration for various works here! Respect!

I wish all members here a very nice day... 

Greetings from Germany, Uwe.

Thanks for the welcome greetings... And thanks for looking...

Long time ago I was working for the American Forces in Germany, Mainz-Kastel... Wasn't speaking English since this time. Forgot the most, sorry. ? That's the reason why I have to use Auntie Google's translater sometimes... LOL

Edited by The German

On 9/15/2020 at 4:26 AM, The German said:

Thanks for all the answers! Very nice and kind... ?

Yes, I have to admit that every build is a lesson for the next one! I will do everytime my very best... As good as I can... Hope you all like my works a little bit?

I know I'm far away from some members here... I am full of admiration for various works here! Respect!

I wish all members here a very nice day... 

Greetings from Germany, Uwe.

Yes Uwe! I meant to mention that I think your models are very well done. I allowed myself to get distracted by my own thinking. :D

You have excellent painting and building skills. Do you favor enamel, acrylics or lacquers? I tend to use lacquers more frequently. I find that I can apply them in thinner coats than the other types and lacquers tend to dry more quickly.

Regards,

David G.

Hello David, thanks for your answer.
When you asked which colors I use, only Duplicolor car paints. Finally, I take a cheap clear coat from the hardware store. See the purple panel truck. Shines like a bacon rind, as we say in Germany.
I don't use an airbrush either, I paint with rattlecans. Airbrush is too expensive for me, don't have the money for it. That's why can painting. But the result is still impressive, I think.

Greetings from Uwe.