Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there any truth to this or rumor? Model King and Moebius planning on a future release of 67-72 Chevy trucks.

GMP440

I have heard this rumor for several years, so we will have to wait and see if it is true or not. There would have to be some licensing agreements signed before any development work could begin.

If this does come to be, I surely hope they offer up all the variants like they did for the Fords, and include Blazer/Jimmy and Suburbans as well.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:41 PM, Matt T. said:

Can someone with ties to Pegasus please ask that they provide a release schedule for upcoming Moebius 1/25 automotive kits?  Maybe going a year out, into late 2021?

Since the buy-out, information has dried up and we only see F100 variations being released. 

Nobody releases information that far ahead except maybe Revell of Germany with their yearly New Year's Day announcement. If Moebius (and/or Pegasus) had any information they wanted to be public, they would do so. Their efforts were devoted to getting out the rest of the '65/'66 lineup, which was completed this month with the release of the 4x4. Then getting out the 48' flatbed trailer, which sounds like it should arrive in time for Halloween. 

Edited by niteowl7710

On 9/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, Mr mopar said:

I'm with bob on this one how about some Dodge pick up's Please !

Yes please.

I have maybe 1 of the Ford trucks.  The 72 version with no plans to buy any of the others

Odds are will not be buying a GM truck IF they make one. But will buy SEVERAL if they make  a late 60s to very early 70s Dodge truck kits

14 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Yes please.

I have maybe 1 of the Ford trucks.  The 72 version with no plans to buy any of the others

Odds are will not be buying a GM truck IF they make one. But will buy SEVERAL if they make  a late 60s to very early 70s Dodge truck kits

I have 0 fords I have no interest in them but give me a Dodge pick up '64-'71 or a GMC '67-'71 I would buy 

• 1 month later...

I would think any of the 60's and 70's 1/2 up thru the 1 ton truck kits with the pickup cabs would be great sellers. You can build stock pickups ,car haulers, flat beds, stake bodies, wreckers just so many options from a great era in the pickup truck history. It would be great to have a 1 ton dually chassis in the 67 to 72 Chevy pickup. truck.

Edited by R.J

They could hit the big time if the first release(s) are '67-'68 bowtie pickups. Hasn't been any since decades ago. Later, they could fill in with the '70-'72 which have been more recently available. Then the 4x4s and K5s and Suburbans, huh!

Bring 'em on!!!!

?

On 9/15/2020 at 9:43 AM, GMP440 said:

Saw this yesterday on facebook.  The Model King and Moebius are planning on doing the 67-72 Chevy trucks.  If true , that's good news. Would love to see a 67-70 Chevy pickup truck come out.

32526077_ModelKingannouncement..jpg.2bbd65e62ed31c682083f8e9624d90c9.jpg

Maybe  Dave Burkett, The Model King could confirm this.  Does he frequent this board?

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 9:31 AM, alexis said:

Yes, The Rumors are true. Round2 did release the kits. Including the Ultra-Rare Ramp Truck.

But, looking at when this thread was started, can give you a good idea pf how long it takes to go from Rumor to On the Shelf.

The title of this thread was about Model King or Moebius releasing new tool 67-72 GM trucks, not Round2. It's quite possible Round2 took the opportunity to reissue those trucks ahead of any possible new tool kits coming from a competitor or maybe it had been long enough since the last run they figured "Why not?".

Moebius is planning on releasing a new kit with the Ford cab and ramp bed that looks to be more accurate than the cartoonish one found in the old MPC kit. 

One can hope that some all new 67-72 GM truck kits are on their way as the old AMT/MPC kits are lacking in detail. I personally would like to see some Dodge pickups from 68-72 as those have never been tooled up before and should be good sellers.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2021 at 7:37 PM, deuces wild said:

I was hoping they would do some Napco pickup model kits...🤔😁

Considering the NAPCO was a conversion that could be adapted to various makes, surprised someone hasn't created a resin trans kit to build some? Much like the awesome kit Joseph at Fireball came up with for the F-250, the NAPCO kit could be done in a similar fashion for any of the 50's Ford or GM pickups.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'd be fine with the collaboration.

But please, don't let Model King design the box art!!!! 👎

To be fair, Dave Burket footed the bill for the rework and probably paid upfront for the production of his exclusive small runs made for him at Ertl and R-M, and because these kits were aimed at the enthusiast builders, the box-art wasn't that important, versus kits marketed towards the weekend modeler.

His teaming up with Moebius, gave us the opportunity to buy some great subject matter otherwise maybe not even considered, I do hope the collaboration will continue for many years to come, and yes his box-art wasn't the best but he dared to invest when most of the industry was winding down.