Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1967 GTO

thecrossguy

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything or even worked on anything. The Cadillac I was working on is on hold. 
I’m working on a 67 gto and having some fit issues with the front bumper/grill. Has anyone built this kit and if so what did you do to correct it? I’ve sanded and very carefully cut at the bumper and fender where the bumper rest. Its better but what a pain. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe you could remove some of the material on the header panel where it drops down in the center. From the picture this looks like it would allow the bumper, grill, and headlight part to move into place with the fenders and wouldn't effect the fit of the hood. 

I built this same GTO a few months ago. I sanded a lot of the meat off of that little header panel ‘peninsula’ in the center and from the top of the grill assembly to get it to fit. Another thing to watch for down the road is the front and rear track width. On the ‘factory setting’ they’re both too narrow, especially the front.

• 1 month later...