Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fiatboy

'64 era 1/25 'Ramcharger' engine

I have a partial 'Ramcharger' engine from the Tony Nancy 'Double' kit.  It is a Sooper kit ('63) but it is missing 1 chrome valve cover.  Are there any aftermarket '426 Ramcharger' engines maybe?  (This kit has beautiful wire-front wheels IMHO and (almost) exquisite dragster chassis.)  I am building up the Lindberg '64 Dodge 330 kit, and need a Ramcharger engine.  Thanks.

Just about any 1/25 big block Mopar valve cover will work unless you want one from that specific kit. Same with the Ramcharger engine as long as you have the proper intake setup and exhaust manifolds.

Very interesting oldschool.  Thanks for the info.  The valve cover for this kit has 2 dimples for 2 breathers.  That makes me wonder if it in fact is a 392  Hemi!  But I need the 426 Ramcharger 'Wedge' engine.  I am building one of 3 Ramcharger cars (blown) with strait front axles, I think built in California.  Not surprisingly, all 3 crashed and only 1 now exists, according to my source.  Some say it was/is the first 'Funny Car'.  It is painted red, white, and blue, with radiused-rear-wheel-wells.  Again, thanks for the info, oldschool.