Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tight Squeeze - Update!!

tiking

I still have to add insignia to the 144L front grill. The title ‘tight squeeze’ is relates to the awesomeness of how the driver managed to back in his trailer into a docking bay whose entry way is almost as wide as the trailer itself. This proves how experience the driver is with his truck. As you can see, the truck has been used heavily judging by the wear and tear on the paint job. Or it could be that it was a bad paint job. I’ll let the viewer decide for themselves

Edited by tiking

1 hour ago, Bills72sj said:

Your concrete and paint are very realistic. The only suggestion I would have would be make the truck appear dirtier. If it is so neglected that the paint can be in that condition, in reality, the odds of it being clean is pretty low. Great job overall.

Thank you for your suggestion. Will consider it. 

I really like this one, Charles........ and for me, the most interesting part of your ' Tight Squeeze ' diorama is the short depth of the whole model.  You have managed to display the large bulky truck cab, which appears to have reversed the even more bulky trailer unit into the opening of the building, and yet you have only extended the overall depth of the building by less than half the total length of the trailer unit. Also, the area in front of the truck has only been extended forwards to make space for two figures to stand........ you are a genius, my friend!  This is how to construct a diorama at the highest level of skill and imagination.... just brilliant.

David

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

I really like this one, Charles........ and for me, the most interesting part of your ' Tight Squeeze ' diorama is the short depth of the whole model.  You have managed to display the large bulky truck cab, which appears to have reversed the even more bulky trailer unit into the opening of the building, and yet you have only extended the overall depth of the building by less than half the total length of the trailer unit. Also, the area in front of the truck has only been extended forwards to make space for two figures to stand........ you are a genius, my friend!  This is how to construct a diorama at the highest level of skill and imagination.... just brilliant.

David

Aaaaawwwwweee! Thank you my friend. You have read my behind the scene thoughts and design perfectly. I wanted to display a truck diorama in the most practical way without sacrificing real estate.. Glad to know that it worked out and you guys have approved. :)

Very cool dio! Reminds me of a shop I once visited. They produced huge heat exchangers and built them directly on the flatbed trailer it would be delivered on. There was an opening in the floor just wide enough for the trailer so I imagine a driver had to be that good to thread that needle!

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very cool dio! Reminds me of a shop I once visited. They produced huge heat exchangers and built them directly on the flatbed trailer it would be delivered on. There was an opening in the floor just wide enough for the trailer so I imagine a driver had to be that good to thread that needle!

Wow Tom! Didn't know that. Good info. Thank you. 

20 hours ago, oldscool said:

Very realistic looking.

Thank u. Still have some stuff to add. 

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

Great looking diorama.  He backs in any more he's going to rip the mirrors off the tractor!

Thanks. Luckily, the dock doors are at that very spot where he has stopped. Still have more stuff to add to this diorama. 

Great work! An idea well thought out and executed.  Looking forward to seeing it finished.  And I saw your idea on TV last week! (Sort of.)

Here in the USA, we have a "reality" TV show named "Hoarders."  About people who collect masses of random junk in their homes and yards, often destroying their property in the process.

On last week's episode, the hoarder had decorated his yard with several junky old vehicles, none running and none even remotely "collectible."  One was a Ford pick-up with a big camper on it. 

When the owner parked the truck, he wedged it into a tight space between a building and a wall.  So tight that when a tow truck pulled out the pick-up, the camper pulled itself right off the truck and stayed behind. 

The clean-up crew called in a big fork-lift, thinking it might pull the whole camper out, but no such luck.  As soon as the fork-lift tried to pick it up, the camper started falling apart.  Finally the fork-lift smashed the camper into pieces, small enough to be picked up and carried away by hand.    

On 9/19/2020 at 3:43 PM, Mike999 said:

Great work! An idea well thought out and executed.  Looking forward to seeing it finished.  And I saw your idea on TV last week! (Sort of.)

Here in the USA, we have a "reality" TV show named "Hoarders."  About people who collect masses of random junk in their homes and yards, often destroying their property in the process.

On last week's episode, the hoarder had decorated his yard with several junky old vehicles, none running and none even remotely "collectible."  One was a Ford pick-up with a big camper on it. 

When the owner parked the truck, he wedged it into a tight space between a building and a wall.  So tight that when a tow truck pulled out the pick-up, the camper pulled itself right off the truck and stayed behind. 

The clean-up crew called in a big fork-lift, thinking it might pull the whole camper out, but no such luck.  As soon as the fork-lift tried to pick it up, the camper started falling apart.  Finally the fork-lift smashed the camper into pieces, small enough to be picked up and carried away by hand.    

WOW!!!! What a story! Thank you for describing. Glad you like the build. I have added more details to the building and removed the trailer. So I am weathering the building and the truck as well.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:32 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Your work always amazes me! You are able to capture a look that is very realistic. Great idea, and great work!!

Thank you kindly. 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:51 AM, slusher said:

Great looking Diorama!!

Thank you for looking. Will post the final version, as I have done some changes to the diorama.

• 2 months later...