Model Cars Magazine Forum
Mr mopar

AMT surfer Van

Looks like the newly tooled Surfboards from the recent ' 65 Chevelle wagon, and possibly the "optional" 5 spoke mags that have appeared in about a dozen kits. Add in a new decal sheet, and you have an "All New" (cough, cough) kit.

Here is a review of the first version from 2012, that shows what "might" be in this kit.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/amt/kit_amt_0767.shtml

Looks like it has the custom parts from the Phantom (originally "Vantom"), which were not in the Cruising Van nor the Coca-Cola issue.  

I’d buy that over any coke car that’s been put out . Now if only Round 2 can get Coke and Levi’s together to make the DenimMachine that would be something . I’ve only seen one in person , and even seen two Levi’s Edition AMC Gremlins ( that’s another one to kit ) . Or the Firestone SuperStones Van ! 

C70C1802-3B33-444A-95C5-417D790E13FB.jpeg

58B7A67B-DA4F-48A1-AFDB-5597ADF3ECC5.jpeg

Round 2 has reissued '74, '75, and '76 Gremlin kits, all with the simulated denim interior (Levi's name wasn't used, probably to avoid licensing issues).  The Denimachine is a longer van than is represented by the AMT kit.

They need to bring back the MPC Van. It has an interior and opening side door

THE SORCERER FORD VAN MPC

3 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

They need to bring back the MPC Van. It has an interior and opening side door

Seriously ! When was the last time that the MPC Econoline was issued ? Especially since it includes the steelies / hubcaps as the stock items . 

I have the 'Sunshine Superman' (or whatever it's called ) annual from c.1978 .

While I really do love the AMT Vans, the MPC ones where way ahead in the detail department. Full interiors and more outside accessories, plus the 4X4 version of the Ford van where awesome. 

In my opinion, the MPC Vans where #1, then AMT Vans and then dead last, Revell Vans. Monogram are honorable mention because of them being 1/24 and decently shaped.