Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Pro Stock Maverick

David Miller

Moebius seems to be doing pretty good with the truck kits.  I think it's time for Moebius to get into releasing more car kit.  Prostocks would be great start.  Would love to see that Maverick come out.  A 71 Dodge Demon would be very welcome as well.

4 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Stranger Hudson things have Edsel happened before in kit form ?

My 6 year old knows "Doc Hudson". He has no idea what a Ford Maverick is. 

Like it or not, Pixar's most profitable movie franchise has had a huge impact on youth awareness of that particular classic stock car. Kids who were 6 when Cars first came out in 2006 are now 20. Oddly enough, some of them grew up to like cars, and some of them build models, and they're most often my Moebius Hornet customers. 

10 hours ago, PintoKING said:

But back to the discussion: could that be the old Jo-Han tool?  Testors reissued the Comet (Jo-Han tool) quite a few years ago.

It's not real, if you check the link provided it's part of a series of "What if" box art creations that were done several years ago.

3 hours ago, David Miller said:

How about this one is it real ? If yes , then I’m guessing it’s an AMT release of the Jo-Han mold ? And if real how long ago was it released ?

94DA40FC-D5CB-437E-8808-9123770C68AC.jpeg

I never saw that one, but AMT sold JoHan AMXs and Olds 4-4-2s in AMT boxes, among others. I have an AMT '70 4-4-2. 

Didn't Moebius have a JoHan 59 Dodge test shot at a trade show a few years ago?

It is unlikely but at least plausible that somehow the tooling for the JoHan Maverick would make it's way to Moebius just as somehow the tooling for the JoHan 59 Dodge did.

Unlikely but plausible :) 

Carmak

10 hours ago, Carmak said:

Didn't Moebius have a JoHan 59 Dodge test shot at a trade show a few years ago?

It is unlikely but at least plausible that somehow the tooling for the JoHan Maverick would make it's way to Moebius just as somehow the tooling for the JoHan 59 Dodge did.

Unlikely but plausible :) 

Carmak

The connection with Johan was broken off not long after those shots appeared...from the sound of it, an agreement couldn't be reached.  Whether or not the Comet even exists now is not known for certain.  The Maverick parts likely do not exist, as the Seville-owned Jo-Han announced a Maverick but never produced it.

9 hours ago, dave branson said:

Where are the Novas??

They'll be announced shortly after I finish the '62 Nova glue bomb rebuild I'm working on now. If not then, then as I'm nearing completion of a '65 AWB funny I'm planning to convert to a stock-wheelbase pro street. :lol: