Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chuckyg1

Garden bed find

I was transplanting azaleas yesterday when I came across this "garden bed find."  Cleaned it up    And here's what I have. The chassis plate is dated 1974. It's been in the ground at least 30 years, ( how long we've lived here.) Any idea what car it is? Looking at the grill/headlights & the date, I thought Torino, but I not sure if the c pillar is right. Would it be worth more as a survivor or restored :) As a side note, the previous owner had a pristine Apollo white GSX in the garage. The realtor assured me it didn't come with the house :( 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg.e33c1f4aac803c747eb0a13b0697bbf5.jpeg
image.jpeg.30fdf02876eae5119e11bb23143f5907.jpeg
Product
image.jpeg.36dc4f114ae86e37d41de51023ce0cfe.jpeg
Hot Wheels 74 Torino. Funny find. Cool

Since it appears that it's not a Redline it probably dates post 1977. That casting was in Hot Wheels line for quite a while. Still pretty neat! Cool find!

Yup. Hot Wheels Torino Stock Car. The hood scoop was the first clue I recognized. I still have all my old Hot Wheels cars from the 70's and 80s. 

I had tons of Hot wheels as a kid, I loved them. A few months back I also found a toy in the garden. It's a Matchbox air plane, 747? I don't think it's too old, it's mostly plastic. It's been out there for at least ten years, since that's how long we've been living here. I gave it a wash off and came out pretty good surprisingly.

20200918_102524.JPG

I live in an area that used to be used for grazing cattle. I try not to dig to deep anywhere.