Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1967 Camaro.

Dragonhawk1066

I finished up the Revell 1967 Nickey Camaro this morning. I did my best to do it as an SS396 instead of the Nickey version. I went for the Day 2 look with the Cragar style rims. The color is Model Master Bright Aqua Pearl sprayed over Tamiya TS-17 Aluminum, and cleared with Model Master Gloss Clear, and BMF was used for all of the chrome trim. I used the stinger hood on my Gumball Rally Camaro, so I purchased a cowl induction hood from Lex's Scale Modeling on ebay for this one.

The interior is done in white craft paint and I taped off and painted the seat stripes and door panels in black craft paint. The floorboards and dashboard are done in black craft paint as well. The steering wheel was de-chromed and painted in beige craft paint, and I went over the outside part with a brown sharpie marker for the woodgrain effect. The radio face, shift pattern and gauges are all decals included on the kit decal sheet.

The chassis was left in Stynylrez black primer, the exhaust, gas tank and driveshaft are airbrushed in Vallejo Model Air Aluminum. The engine was airbrushed with orange craft paint and the Transmission was the Vallejo Aluminum as well. The wheels are from a used lot I bought on ebay a while back and the tires are from my parts box. The manifold and carb are from the AMT Baldwin-Motion Camaro and the air cleaner was taken from the MPC 1972 GTO kit. I added ignition wires and heater hoses for extra underhood details and also added valve stems on the rims and door locks on the door panels.  This is a really nice kit with great details and fitment and I really enjoyed the build. The mixture of indoor and outdoor pics shows the difference the sun makes with the pearl. As always, thanks for looking!!

DSCN5010.JPG

DSCN5049.JPG

DSCN5015.JPG

DSCN5053.JPG

DSCN5055.JPG

DSCN5024.JPG

DSCN5060.JPG

DSCN5028.JPG

DSCN4994.JPG

DSCN4995.JPG

DSCN5035.JPG

DSCN5037.JPG

DSCN5036.JPG

DSCN5066.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

10 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Very nice, super job.  Love the simple day2 look.  

Craig, are the headers from the kit??

Thanks! Yes, they are the kit headers. 

10 hours ago, michelle said:

look great 

Thank you Michelle.

10 hours ago, cobraman said:

Great looking Camaro.

Thanks Ray!

10 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

Beautiful. Great detail work inside and out.

Thank you Chris!

8 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

Great looking Camaro!

Thanks Tim!

8 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks very good

8 hours ago, thecrossguy said:

Lovin that paint color!!

6 hours ago, gseeds said:

Beautiful build!!

5 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That worked out very well, it looks excellent.

2 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

SWEET, well done!

1 hour ago, Belugawrx said:

A real beauty, well done??

27 minutes ago, TooOld said:

Beautiful !  Really nicely done ! :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

13 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Now that's nice! Beautiful paint, very clean looking build. It almost looks real, especially the outside shots.

Thanks Gareth, I've been trying to get more realistic pics to help with presentation, but I still need lots of help with my photography lol.

4 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks Gareth, I've been trying to get more realistic pics to help with presentation, but I still need lots of help with my photography lol.

Looks good to me. There is a thread on the forum somewhere with tips on how to photograph your models. If you have a good camera it's worth a look, no good to me as my camera is useless, lol.

9 hours ago, espo said:

You really captured the Day Two look with this. In the pictures the paint color looks a lot like the Marina Blue of the time and was a very popular color at the time. Very nicely detailed interior and engine. 

Thank you David!

9 hours ago, e30lover said:

Love the color, finish, white sidewall, interior, basically everything! 

8 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Awesome Camaro

7 hours ago, Rockford said:

Very tidy build, looks spot on for the stance etc... Like the paint too!  

6 hours ago, bogger44 said:

Love it, love it, love it!  Just the way I'd want it if I had a 1:1.  

6 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Looks great. I like the color. 

Thanks guys!