Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘71 Duster 340 Mod Top

BeakDoc

Thank you all for the kind and generous compliments. I’m truly humbled.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 PM, michelle said:

looks amazing love the mod top   and the matching  seat  patterns 

A special tip of the cap to michelle for starting a topic in the Q&A section highlighting certain fit issues with this kit. I test fit and mock up ad nauseam but it sure is nice to have a heads-up. That dashboard to windshield flange issue could have been pain once the interior had been assembled.

12 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

Thank you all for the kind and generous compliments. I’m truly humbled.

A special tip of the cap to michelle for starting a topic in the Q&A section highlighting certain fit issues with this kit. I test fit and mock up ad nauseam but it sure is nice to have a heads-up. That dashboard to windshield flange issue could have been pain once the interior had been assembled.

your welcome i am glad it helped 

This model is very cool!  The mod top wasn’t viewed as cool back in the day. A buddy-0-mine bought a 68 or 69 Roadrunner around 1976 for $600. If I remember correct it was a 383 4 speed car in metallic green with the mod top. We called it the shower curtain.  He promptly tore it off the car leaving that mess of glue and rust showing.  I don’t believe he was able to do anything beyond that as a no funds 18 year old. The interior remained. The car was short lived with him because it ran poorly.  

Edited by Tom Geiger