Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 ProStar and Race Trailer

Well, Guys.... Here is my Prostar race rig... My first and only "real" build for 2020... I had really stalled on this one, but I finally got to it...I stretched the frame, and opened up the roof of the cab...The roof comes off the trailer, as well, to reveal a nicely detailed interior...(In theory that is, as I haven't done that, yet.... Didn't get to the interior on the trailer as I had planned, but I'm sure I'll get to that, soon enough... Just not for 2020, I don't think... I've been looking at this one for about 6 months, now, and I just want to move on to something else, if you know what I mean...

But here she is... 

SAM_8955 (2).JPG

SAM_8951 (2).JPG

SAM_8947 (3).JPG

SAM_8940 (2).JPG

SAM_8914.JPG

#######20200916_090513.jpg

#######20200916_093540.jpg

#######20200916_093532.jpg

2 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Very nice. Does the trailer rear door open? Do you have sponsorship graphics decals in the works?

Thanks, Bill....

I didn't open the rear door, this time... I only made the roof removable.... There is a place down the street that I want to try to see what they would charge me to work up some vinyl graphics, but as of yet, I don't have anything planned...

7 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nice looking combination.  Where's your race car?

Thank you, Jim...

I have quite a few cars that I could display with this thing... When I decide which one/ones to display, I'll shoot some pics...

5 hours ago, sweeper said:

Great job!

Thank you, Bill...

2 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

JT that is one beautiful rig for sure! A real eye catcher! Great work!!!

Thanks, Brian... I appreciate that...

Yes, I would like to see one of the model companies do a Featherlite Race Transporter Trailer, there are other manufacturers with similar trailers too, but Featherlite is the most popular transporter trailer among racing teams out there as they are used by NASCAR teams, NHRA and other Drag Racing teams, Indycar teams, Sprint Car teams and many others.
AMT did an attempt to do racing transporter trailers back in the very early 90's but that was their old Trailmobile moving van, wich first saw daylight back in 1972, with an interior and some racing equipment and is not anywhere near what they use today...and even back when they did it.
Italeri did racing transporter combinations but it's an European style with a single drive truck and a short box trailer and nothing like the 53 foot long dual drive conventional truck US syle transporters wich are a lot cooler looking.
I believe a modern US style race transporter trailer would sell good as teams in all kinds of racing divisions use them so there are many options for model builders to do.
Maybe Moebius is up for the challenge to do one as it would go well with their International trucks.

Edited by Force

You said a great truth, as an Italian fan of nascar I would buy one, they are insanely beautiful, I tried to do a nascar hauler with the Italeri trailer, it did not turn out badly, even if I admit that you can see that it is a European trailer hooked to a American truck, if anyone cares post the photo ... ??

7 hours ago, Aerodyne03 said:

You said a great truth, as an Italian fan of nascar I would buy one, they are insanely beautiful, I tried to do a nascar hauler with the Italeri trailer, it did not turn out badly, even if I admit that you can see that it is a European trailer hooked to a American truck, if anyone cares post the photo ... ??

Actually, Enrico, that is what I used to build my 53' race tralers out of... I'd take a couple of the Italeri race trailers and combine them to make one big one... I did a few of these until I found a good source for .060 styrene plastic... I don't emulate race teams as decals for them can be quite expensive to have made up, and most companies are too afraid of Copyright laws (with good reason) to do them...

##########20200920_154508.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

58 minutes ago, TECHMAN said:

???

What a Super-Good-Lookin' rig!!!!  Can't go wrong with that color combo!!!!  NICE build!!!!

DJ

ps= have you ever visited Competition Trailers in Henderson, Tx??

Thanks, Bud...

No, I haven't... I never knew it was out there... Hmm... I might have to, one day...

On 9/19/2020 at 5:10 AM, tbill said:

Another beauty from your bench in your signature color, I like the way you did the bumper and fairings, fantastic build.

Thanks a lot, Bill... In the near future, I'm going to add some chrome foil to the lower portion of the trailer to carry the fairing dressing all the way...

16 hours ago, Force said:

Yes, I would like to see one of the model companies do a Featherlite Race Transporter Trailer, there are other manufacturers with similar trailers too, but Featherlite is the most popular transporter trailer among racing teams out there as they are used by NASCAR teams, NHRA and other Drag Racing teams, Indycar teams, Sprint Car teams and many others.
AMT did an attempt to do racing transporter trailers back in the very early 90's but that was their old Trailmobile moving van, wich first saw daylight back in 1972, with an interior and some racing equipment and is not anywhere near what they use today...and even back when they did it.
Italeri did racing transporter combinations but it's an European style with a single drive truck and a short box trailer and nothing like the 53 foot long dual drive conventional truck US syle transporters wich are a lot cooler looking.
I believe a modern US style race transporter trailer would sell good as teams in all kinds of racing divisions use them so there are many options for model builders to do.
Maybe Moebius is up for the challenge to do one as it would go well with their International trucks.

Thanks, Force... I'm more into NHRA than Nascar.... Judging by your name, you are too... ? Thanks for the info... It always amazes me at how much knowledge there is on this forum...

23 hours ago, vincen47 said:

I’ve always liked your trailers. They are one of those items we all wish the model companies made in kit form. But, as we see, scratch-building them can pay off well.

Thanks, Vince... I appreciate that... I concur...

On 9/19/2020 at 6:36 AM, PappyD340 said:

Looks fantastic, well done!

Thank you, Larry....

16 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Actually, Enrico, that is what I used to build my 53' race tralers out of... I'd take a couple of the Italeri race trailers and combine them to make one big one... I did a few of these until I found a good source for .060 styrene plastic... I don't emulate race teams as decals for them can be quite expensive to have made up, and most companies are too afraid of Copyright laws (with good reason) to do them...

##########20200920_154508.jpg

Here is my nascar hauler made with the italeri semitrailer, I only used one, but I like the result ... ??

20190601_193831.jpg

• 3 weeks later...